The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:16 AM

Lightbulb

Adding Afterpay solution? (Australia)

Hi everyone,
I met a new company called AFTERPAY at the Online Retailer show and they have a neat solution for Australian customers enabling them to make a purchase in four installments. The merchant gets paid immediately though.
Check it out at www.afterpay.com.au
I had a look in my ecwid backend and at the moment I can't see an easy way to add afterpay.com.au as a payment method in my ecwid store.

Does anyone have any experience or ideas about how to integrate Afterpay into ecwid?

Are there other providers who offer this type of payment functionality that could be integrated into ecwid?

Thanks. - Luke
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luc2 For This Useful Post:
Damien Duance (01-30-2018), Sandy Tomasin (05-17-2018)
Old 08-15-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luc2 View Post
Hi everyone,
I met a new company called AFTERPAY at the Online Retailer show and they have a neat solution for Australian customers enabling them to make a purchase in four installments. The merchant gets paid immediately though.
Check it out at www.afterpay.com.au
I had a look in my ecwid backend and at the moment I can't see an easy way to add afterpay.com.au as a payment method in my ecwid store.

Does anyone have any experience or ideas about how to integrate Afterpay into ecwid?

Are there other providers who offer this type of payment functionality that could be integrated into ecwid?

Thanks. - Luke
Hello,
Thank you for your message!

Well, currently Afterpay isn't integrated with Ecwid, you're right. So, in this case I could suggest the following approach:

Since creating a complete integration would require a fair amount of custom programming, there's another option: a number of payment gateways can emulate Authorize.net SIM; so, if Afterpay does, it could be easily connected to Ecwid via auth.net. The following article describes the process: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...-net-emulation

In case it does not, using Auth.net SIM as a bridge between Ecwid and custom payment gateway would be still easier, altho it would require some programming: the second part of the article provided above describes it.

Regarding possible alternatives: well, you can find the list of all payment gateways with which we already have an integration in the following article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...canIuseinEcwid
Please, feel free to browse, you may find a gateway that'll suit your needs.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-23-2016, 01:43 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi everyone,

Ecwid has dozens of integrated online payment methods which you can use in your store 'out of the box': PayPal, 2Checkout, American Express, etc. See the full list here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...canIuseinEcwid All you should do to start using one of these methods in your store is select those which work in your country and follow the instructions to set up your account.

What to do if you don't find the desired payment method in the list? We've got a solution - Custom Payment API. It allows creating a new payment gateway from scratch. Now payment gateway companies, app developers, and ambitious merchants can easily integrate an unsupported payment gateway to work with their store. In comparison with Authorize.Net Emulation, this method is clearer and more convenient to use. Find API documentation here https://developers.ecwid.com/api-doc...payment-method

Let us know if any questions arise. Thanks!

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
afterpay, australia, payment