The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:31 PM

Way to make sales pending?

We are a youth soccer club. Registration (signing up and paying) is through ecwid on our website. We have a registration opening date and registration closing date.

After the closing date for registration, we will still have some spaces available on certain teams. We want to fill those spaces - but ONLY those spaces. Is there a way for a prospective player's parent to register (and pay) in a tentative way?
- the parent would get some kind of message that their registration and payment is pending club approval (based on space).
- the club would see the parent's registration information (esp. the player's age)
- the club would see if there is an opening on a team at that player's age group
- then the club would either approve the registration on ecwid (with their payment going through at that time), or else disapprove and cancel the registration and payment.
- the parent would be notifited of the outcome either way.

Is something like that possible? On basic plan?
Old 02-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Bryant View Post
We are a youth soccer club. Registration (signing up and paying) is through ecwid on our website. We have a registration opening date and registration closing date.

After the closing date for registration, we will still have some spaces available on certain teams. We want to fill those spaces - but ONLY those spaces. Is there a way for a prospective player's parent to register (and pay) in a tentative way?
- the parent would get some kind of message that their registration and payment is pending club approval (based on space).
- the club would see the parent's registration information (esp. the player's age)
- the club would see if there is an opening on a team at that player's age group
- then the club would either approve the registration on ecwid (with their payment going through at that time), or else disapprove and cancel the registration and payment.
- the parent would be notifited of the outcome either way.

Is something like that possible? On basic plan?
Hello, Scott,

Thank you for contacting Ecwid customer team!

Let me try and help you with that.

I've checked your store to see the set up myself, but, unfortunately, found it closed. I looked at your set up closely from your Control Panel, and now, I think I get how your store works.

Quote:
Is there a way for a prospective player's parent to register (and pay) in a tentative way?
In theory, that can be done through any payment processor(ie PayPal). Currently, as I see, you are receiving money directly on the credit card, and, probably, don't have a proper merchant's backend. In PayPal(or any other processors) there is a backend, from where you can refund the transaction, if you it turned out, that there are no places in any of the teams. More details on how it would work: https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/topic/REFUNDS_CA

1. The parent would get some kind of message that their registration and payment is pending club approval (based on space).

When a customer pays for the order he gets the Order Confirmation on his email. You can customize it. But then the same Order Confirmation will be sent to all customers, no matter what.
So, I think, it's better to edit the Order Status change template. Have it say everything you need the parent to know about payment and how long will the decision take.

This is a workaround, but I think you could make it work! It's available on a Venture plan and higher.

2. The club would see the parent's registration information (esp. the player's age)

According to the setup, those fields are mandatory for the parent to fill out, yes.

3. - The club would see if there is an opening on a team at that player's age group.

If you want to set up some kind of dynamic schedule in Ecwid's backend, that would be unlikely to achieve.

4. - Then the club would either approve the registration on ecwid (with their payment going through at that time), or else disapprove and cancel the registration and payment.

That cannot be done on Ecwid side. You'd have to go to your merchant's account backend and have the status of the transaction changed manually. Here's an instruction:
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...us/td-p/367070

5. - The parent would be notifited of the outcome either way.

The parent will be notified by PayPal in this case about the status of his transaction. So, he will know what has happened. But, I also, recommend you sending emails manually to your customers, who got declined, to notify them about this occurrence personally.

Feel free to ask further questions!
Old 02-15-2017, 08:21 PM

Thanks, Charlie. Yes, the store is closed until registration opens (probably May 1).

PayPal won't work. We don't want things to go to the point of payment and then refund people. And we don't use PayPal.

What if we had the Venture Plan, using Inventory Control?

For example, let's say we have 4 spots left on teams in the Under-11 (age) Division. Would there be a way to set up the store as if we have 4 products "in stock"?
Old 02-17-2017, 02:38 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
What if we had the Venture Plan, using Inventory Control?

For example, let's say we have 4 spots left on teams in the Under-11 (age) Division. Would there be a way to set up the store as if we have 4 products "in stock"?
Yes!

That would be possible with the help of our feature called Inventory Tracking.

One product could represent one period of registration. After the product goes out of stock, no one can buy the registration and it closes automatically.

As for the pending sales, the only way I see is to accept a payment and refund it, which is not the best way to go. But with the Venture plan and Inventory Control, the places in registration could be managed by you!
scottt (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 11:19 PM

I think this should work, with the Venture Plan.

Pending sales isn't really what is needed. That's just what I was envisioning as needing to be the solution. Inventory Tracking is better.

We will need to change the way our "products" are listed. (If interested: we will need to create a separate "product" for each age group. For example, one product would be "UNDER-11 DIVISION (Born 2007-2008)." Another would be "UNDER-13 DIVISION (Born 2005-2006)."

Then, after "Open Registration" is over, we can limit registration based on available spaces on teams, utilizing "Inventory." (With the Business Plan, it looks like we could even use Product Variations and not have to change our products. But that's way more than we can spend.)

Anyways, once an age group is full and needs to close, turning potential players' parents away from the outset (and prior to any payment) is the best solution.

Much appreciated, Charlie and Ecwid!

PS So that age group "product" will say "out of stock." Is there a way to change "out of stock" to something like "no spaces left" or something else more relevant to a soccer ("football") team?
Old 03-23-2017, 01:25 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello, Scott!

Una here, Ecwid Customer Care Team. Thank you for your reply! And I’m sorry for the delayed answer.

It’s absolutely possible to change “Out of stock” label to “No space left” or any other. I recommend you to use Storefront Label Editor, which you can find in Ecwid App Market. The workflow is really simple — you just need to install the app, choose a label you want to customise, then rename it and all changes will be immediately applied.

I hope you’ll find this solution useful! If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Una Q., Ecwid Support Team
The Following User Says Thank You to Una Q For This Useful Post:
scottt (03-23-2017)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
payment