The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:46 AM

Embed Ecwid

Can I embed Ecwid into Ebay?
Old 11-23-2010, 10:25 AM

bumping, would really like to know the answer to this as well. Thanks
Old 11-23-2010, 12:35 PM

I don't know about the technicalities of this, but i can bet that Ebay would say a big no. They will not even let you embed a web address to an outsider store never mind embedding a competing store. Why would they ley you? They earn money from Ebay sales, if those sales are on ECWID then they would not get paid?
Old 11-23-2010, 01:19 PM

Default Thought that might be the case

Yes, I figured they wouldn't for the reasons you stated, but just wNted a conclusive answer. I did put my website in the product description text of an item I listed from my store. Wonder if they'll nail me for that?

Thanks for your quick response.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdwithme View Post
Can I embed Ecwid into Ebay?
Well, if Ebay allows to embed HTML and JS code to its pages, then it is possible.
What happens if you add the integration code there?

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 11-23-2010, 02:34 PM

Default ecwid ebay

hmmmm . . . . i wonder.

do you think they scan descriptions looking for things like this?

or, do you think it would be pretty safe?

I guess the worst thing that could happen is they delist my listing.

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdwithme View Post
Yes, I figured they wouldn't for the reasons you stated, but just wNted a conclusive answer. I did put my website in the product description text of an item I listed from my store. Wonder if they'll nail me for that?

Thanks for your quick response.
I put an item for sale on ebay, and a link to our main site for details. They were not happy and sent me a desist notice
Old 11-24-2010, 10:26 PM

Default embed ebay

Hi guys, thanks for looking into this, i've been trawling through the ebay site today looking any ways to use this but it seems they don't like the outside world much! Check out their links policy http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policie...ing-links.html and you'll see what i mean. I am sure we could embed html etc into the blank pages, but i dont think they would last long... Shame really, I think ebay is really going to struggle with Facebook when the shops really start getting promoted properly. I'm kind of going off the eBay idea altogether...
Old 11-24-2010, 10:31 PM

Just out of interest, why would you want to put ECWID inside Ebay? Is it just for the exposure? or do you want some kind of auction feature?
Old 11-24-2010, 11:56 PM

Default embed ebay

Hi Ron, yes i guess you could say exposure because ultimately we want our products available in as many 'popular' web shopping, but I would call it logistics.

We have a range of products that not only do I need to create a static site for, but also a version for an amazon shop, an ebay shop, a facebook shop, export the data into google shopping and now even a play.com merchants account, so any way of being able to shift the same data from one to another is really useful.

Don't get me wrong, i'm loving this shopping cart system you guys have put together and I wish i'd found it sooner. Actually, for your reference i was researching shopping carts for a couple of weeks and the only mention i came across of ecwid was on a forum for Avactis as i had just installed it onto my local server to start testing it.

I haven't opened it since i found this though :-)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ebay, ecwid, embed