The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:42 PM

How to show discount from customer group on product page

I upgraded to the business account to get the customer groups thinking that I'd be able to show my distributors their discount price when they were logged in. The problem is that it shows the retail price until you go to checkout. You only see the discount when you look at your shopping cart. Is there a way to show the discount price of individual products?
Old 02-25-2014, 01:04 PM

Thank you very much for the message.

You are able to specify the different discounts for different customers, using the (customer groups)(http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/70372088/Customer%20Groups) feature. Such way wouldn’t change the price of product itself. The customer will receive the discount on the checkout step. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to display the different prices for the different customer groups in your product browser, at this moment.

As a workaround, I can suggest you the following.

You can create two store fronts, using your single Ecwid account. One storefront for your customer group, and second for the rest of users. You will need to have two sets of products: one with regular prices, the other one - with the discounted prices. Then you can install the second Ecwid storefront (right on your site just on another page, or on another website), and specify default category for each storefront. Please check this article for details on this solution: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/27229589/...lesaleproducts

Please, do not hesitate to ask any questions. We are happy to help you.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:32 PM

Default any change?

Hi Viktor,
since your reply was in Feb and said '...at the moment' - I thought I'd ask if there's been any change or any plans for this feature? Have a client who's thinking of upgrading to business plan for this very feature. Not keen to maintain 2 stores but would be great if trade customers could see their price before the checkout stage.
Cheers
Iain
The Following User Says Thank You to Iain Gutteridge For This Useful Post:
Rob Chalmers1 (06-28-2018)
Old 10-15-2014, 05:41 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain Gutteridge View Post
Hi Viktor,
since your reply was in Feb and said '...at the moment' - I thought I'd ask if there's been any change or any plans for this feature? Have a client who's thinking of upgrading to business plan for this very feature. Not keen to maintain 2 stores but would be great if trade customers could see their price before the checkout stage.
Cheers
Iain
Hi Iain,

thank you for your interest to Ecwid. Upgrading to business account will enable your client to have customer groups feature and offer certain discounts to the group members. But showing the retail price for group members in product browser isn’t possible. Ecwid applies the discount on checkout only after the customer identifies himself by entering his personal information. Then Ecwid checks to what customer group this person belongs and reduces the subtotal in accordance with the discount configured. So, the workaround previously suggested by Viktor is still the best way to show different prices to different customer groups.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ginger For This Useful Post:
anant saxena2 (02-24-2015), Olive (07-29-2015)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
customer groups, discount