The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-22-2018, 04:57 AM

Wordpress Short Code Hacks

Hello,

Test product URL https://www.fastwhiteshop.com/wppbte...ormatshifting/

A few questions on wordpress shortcodes. Tried search a lot of places but can not get answers...

I've set up a test product using short code like this:
[ecwid_product id="102914240" link="no"]

3. When customers finish payments (either using Palpal Express or any other payment like Stripe) how to set so they'd be redirected to a custom page I designate?

Remember all above are needed in short code form for use in wordpress, thanks.

Last edited by Molly Hsu; 03-22-2018 at 05:00 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:49 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello there,

Alexandra with Ecwid team is here, thanks for contacting us! Please find the answers to your questions below.

If you want to rename the "Add to bag" button it can be done with the extension called Storefront Label Editor — this one allows changing almost every label in your store, so you can customize them anyway you like. The extension is available here: https://www.ecwid.com/apps/tools/sto...t-label-editor

As for hiding the buttons at the cart page, you can do it using CSS. In Ecwid Control Panel go to Design – Create Theme – Add a new theme. Copy and paste the codes below into the theme.

Code:
button.ecwid-btn.ecwid-btn--secondary.ecwid-btn--clearBag {
    display: none !important;
}

button.ecwid-btn.ecwid-btn--secondary.ecwid-btn--continueShopping {
    display: none !important;
}
To make the product title and the image unclickable, use the following CSS codes (add them to the same CSS theme that you've created earlier):

Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-cart div.ecwid-productBrowser-productNameLink {
    pointer-events: none;
}

td.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-itemsTable-cell.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-itemsTable-cell-thumbnail {
    pointer-events: none;
}
At last, don't forget to activate the theme and save the changes.

See also: How to change Ecwid design with CSS

If you want your customers to be redirected to the custom "Thank you for your order" page as soon as they've placed the order, you can use the extension which is available here: https://www.ecwid.com/apps/tools/custom-thank-you

Hope it helps. If you have other questions, please let us know.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:48 PM

Thank you Alexandra for all the guidance.

So once we click the "add to bag" button, how do we make the cart page and the payment page (the checkout pages) pop up in a Checkout cart overlay window and not as a full page?
Old 03-26-2018, 12:58 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

I'm Edward from Ecwid Team.

I've already addressed this question via email. In case others will have a similar question, I will copy my reply here as well:

If you add the whole store to any page of your website, then all the store pages will be displayed within the website page, not the pop-up.

There's also an option to add a single product only. If you don't have the whole store added to any page but have a single product, then checkout pages will be opened in the pop-up.

Useful links:

I hope this information is helpful.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
wordpress short code