The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-12-2016, 06:00 PM

PayPal Express Orders - No Invoice Adress from Customers!

Dear Ecwid-Team,

I setup a PayPal Express sandbox account and made some Test Orders (1095 and 1098).

Even though I had an adress including ZIP code setup in my sandbox.paypal.com account -> it does not show up on the checkout page nor on the order. That is sad, because even though I have no shipping (it is a service), we require our clients to provide an invoice address - in case there are some problems and we have to contact them vial snail mail.

Since I thought the whole benefit of PayPal Express is to provide us with an address without the customer always typing it in, this is a serious issue for us - could you provide us with any possibility to get the invoice address from the customer?

You can make test orders, but please contact us before since this is a live site.

Thank you so much for your wonderful online shop & help!
Old 05-18-2016, 12:15 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebonmot View Post
Dear Ecwid-Team,

I setup a PayPal Express sandbox account and made some Test Orders (1095 and 1098).

Even though I had an adress including ZIP code setup in my sandbox.paypal.com account -> it does not show up on the checkout page nor on the order. That is sad, because even though I have no shipping (it is a service), we require our clients to provide an invoice address - in case there are some problems and we have to contact them vial snail mail.

Since I thought the whole benefit of PayPal Express is to provide us with an address without the customer always typing it in, this is a serious issue for us - could you provide us with any possibility to get the invoice address from the customer?

You can make test orders, but please contact us before since this is a live site.

Thank you so much for your wonderful online shop & help!
Hello!

As I get it, you have no actual shipping because your product is service but you set shipping settings to get the client’s addresses. Then you made test orders (1095 and 1098) and didn’t see the shipping address.

I looked at those orders and found out the cause - the products you chose for test are not labeled as “This product requires shipping”, that is why no shipping information appeared in the order details.
Even though your shipping is just formal, you need to:
mark all the products with “this product requires shipping” to see the shipping address in the order details and invoice. To mark a product follow these steps: Ecwid control panel > Catalog > Products > choose a product and mark it as it shown here - http://take.ms/Jw04p, save the changes.

Or there is a workaround for having addresses with no shipping set in your Ecwid control panel:
completely disable shipping and require the customer's billing address during the checkout. To enable this option, go to Ecwid control panel > Settings > General > Checkout settings > enable “Ask for a billing address during checkout” http://take.ms/XVOJQ This will make customers fill out the form with their address after they click on “Checkout” button and get from “Your shopping bag” page to “Payment details” page.
If customers choose “Checkout with PayPal” button, they will instantly redirect to PayPal. After an order is placed suchwise you will have the billing information of their PayPal account in your order details.

I hope this information will be of any use to you. Feel free to ask questions if you have any.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
address, express, invoice, order, paypal