The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:35 AM

Changing currency/invoicing before payment/shipping

Hi there,

Although my products feature the ZAR currency, when it comes to actually paying Paypal converts it into dollars- is there anyway for me change this? I do not think my customers would be happy to suddenly be paying in dollars when they expected Rands (even if the conversion is accurate).

Also, before actual payment, is there a way to invoice my customers? This would make it easier to inform them as to whether or not there is still stock of a particular item or is there a way to seamlessly update stock on the site itself?

None of the shipping methods featured will work for me, is there another way for me to include shipping? I'll be using a local courier company- is it possible for me to add them into my shipping options?

One last thing (I'm new to this so please bear with me!), how do I link my own personal account with paypal in order for any payments to be immediately deposited into the business account?

Thanks,
Stephanie
Old 05-19-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Anita Jafta View Post
Hi there,

Although my products feature the ZAR currency, when it comes to actually paying Paypal converts it into dollars- is there anyway for me change this? I do not think my customers would be happy to suddenly be paying in dollars when they expected Rands (even if the conversion is accurate).

Also, before actual payment, is there a way to invoice my customers? This would make it easier to inform them as to whether or not there is still stock of a particular item or is there a way to seamlessly update stock on the site itself?

None of the shipping methods featured will work for me, is there another way for me to include shipping? I'll be using a local courier company- is it possible for me to add them into my shipping options?

One last thing (I'm new to this so please bear with me!), how do I link my own personal account with paypal in order for any payments to be immediately deposited into the business account?

Thanks,
Stephanie
Hello!
This is Skyler from Ecwid Customer Care Team!

Let me answer your questions in the order of their appearance.

Quote:
“Although my products feature the ZAR currency, when it comes to actually paying Paypal converts it into dollars- is there anyway for me change this? I do not think my customers would be happy to suddenly be paying in dollars when they expected Rands (even if the conversion is accurate).”
Unfortunately, PayPal doesn’t support ZAR currency and only provide the conversion of the funds from South African rand into US dollars. As a workaround I suggest you to change your payment processor. For example, PayFast supports ZAR currency. You can find all available payment processors in your Ecwid control panel -> Settings -> Payment -> Payment methods.

Quote:
There’s no way to invoice customers before actual payment. But there’s an inventory tracking feature, that is available on Ecwid Venture and other paid plans. This feature allows you set the quantity of certain product, and when someone purchases it, its quantity will be reduced automatically. Also Venture plan will let you add up to 100 products and 10000 categories, customize invoices, create discounts for particular groups of customers, etc. Follow this link to get to know all the advantages of Venture plan https://help.ecwid.com/customer/en/p...ures-breakdown. You can upgrade at any time here.

Quote:
If a carrier, you’d like to use, is not listed in Ecwid, feel free to send an idea for this method to our ideas base: http://ideas.ecwid.com/

Also it is possible to integrate a new shipping carrier using our Shipping API. I would suggest you to hire a programmer for that. Also you can apply to our custom programming service and we will develop a script for you on a paid basis. Please, submit this form https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv

For now you can configure a shipping method emulating the rates of the carrier manually via the Ecwid control panel, Settings -> Shipping. I’d recommend you using Custom table method as it allows you to set various variations of rates based on customer destination, order subtotal, and items weight.

Quote:
And for this question I need a confirmation on what exactly you want to do.
As I understood, you have personal PayPal account and want to connect it to your business bank account, right?
Old 05-20-2016, 06:24 AM

Hi Skyler,

Thank you for your reply, I'll look into all your suggestions.

With regards to my last question I think that I just need to find the relevant information on the Ecwid site- I suppose I was just being lazy and asking for step-by-step information for everything! I'm sure that the site has all that I need to know if I would just look for it.

Thank you for your help.

Stephanie

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.