The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:07 PM

Ecwid store on Wix

I currently have an ecwid store with products and I want to integrate with wix. How does one do that? Do I really need to sign up for a new account?
Old 02-13-2015, 08:37 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Edge View Post
I currently have an ecwid store with products and I want to integrate with wix. How does one do that? Do I really need to sign up for a new account?
Hello!

Thank you for your question.

Our official application that is available in Wix marketplace can be used with accounts registered through our Wix application only. So if you created your Ecwid account through our Wix application - please use this instruction (http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...es/1213172-wix) to add Ecwid Store on Wix.

And If you registered your Ecwid account through www.ecwid.com you should follow this instruction (http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...-site-manually) to add Ecwid online store to your Wix website.

Last edited by Sergey; 02-13-2015 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:20 PM

Thank you for your response, however, I read from another post that if you do it that way it isn't the best for optimization, etc...
Old 02-16-2015, 10:54 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Edge View Post
Thank you for your response, however, I read from another post that if you do it that way it isn't the best for optimization, etc...
I agree with that.

Please let me explain:

Actually it is very interesting question about using Ecwid directly in Ecwid and in Wix and there is no direct answer for it. Both methods are good however there are some limitations in both of them. For example if you created your free Ecwid account in Wix - you can use Ecwid application for Wix. Is is fully responsive and SEO-friendly. But if you created your free Ecwid account directly on our site - you are not able to use Ecwid application for Wix. It means that the only way to embed Ecwid on your Wix site is to paste your store there manually using HTML integration code so your store will be not responsive hence it will have no friendly view for your mobile users.

All this means that if you would like your store to be fully responsive and SEO-frinedly you should create new account directly in Wix using our official application, set up payment, shipping and all other settings and create products there. By the way you can easily export all your products from existing Ecwid account to your new one using export/import feature. More info here: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...-import-export

Hope this helps.

If you have any questions - please feel free to ask.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.