The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:15 PM

Question

Multiple Product pricing with options of quantity per product

I have an issue.. I have tickets that we sell- one for adults and one for child. People need to pick out the quantity of child tickets and the quantity of adult tickets and it will change on each order.

We have about 20 different tickets/categories with 5-10 products each.. and each product needs to do this, I have not been able to figure it out.

Is this possible? This will be great for our website as well as our facebook page.

Thanks
Old 02-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by podenbrett View Post
I have an issue.. I have tickets that we sell- one for adults and one for child. People need to pick out the quantity of child tickets and the quantity of adult tickets and it will change on each order.

We have about 20 different tickets/categories with 5-10 products each.. and each product needs to do this, I have not been able to figure it out.

Is this possible? This will be great for our website as well as our facebook page.

Thanks
Hello,

In order to make such product variations you can create product options for each product in your control panel. It can be done in different ways:
1. Create an option 'Child ticket' with Yes / No selections and assign a negative price modifier for the 'Yes' selection.
This way the product page will display the option selector and the quantity box, so a customer will be able to choose the ticket type (child or adult), set quantity and click the 'Add to bag' button. After the product is added it to the cart, the button 'Add more' will be disaplyed so a customer will be able to change the type and add more on the same page.

2. Create two options with numeric selections assign a price modifier for each selection:
- 'Number of child tickets',
- 'Number of adult tickets'.

This way a customer will see two dropdowns with ticket quantities so they will be able to add all in once. In this case, the default quantity selector will need to be hidden because two quantity fields may confuse customers. To hide the default quantity box add the following CSS code to your custom CSS theme in Ecwid control panel:
Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-details-qtyPanel,
td.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-itemsTable-cell-qty,
td.ecwid-productBrowser-cart-itemsTable-headerCell-qty,
span.ecwid-Invoice-productDescr-qty {
  display: none;
}
(Note: the code above will hide the default product quantity for all products).

There is, however, a restriction for the second method, which you should take into account if you decide to use it. The inventory tracking will not work for products configured in this way since their quantity selected via option will not be taken into account by Ecwid (an actual item quantity will be always 1 for every purchased product).

The both ways will work for your Facebook storefront as well as for any other ones.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 08-11-2012, 02:59 PM

Hi Matvey, (or anyone who can help)

I'm having an issue. I sell products by the box or in singles. I would like to have 1 product listing with the ability to by either 1 box, or multiple singles. I've tried the methods listed here, but they don't work.

Thank you,
Old 08-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Fudge View Post
Hi Matvey, (or anyone who can help)

I'm having an issue. I sell products by the box or in singles. I would like to have 1 product listing with the ability to by either 1 box, or multiple singles. I've tried the methods listed here, but they don't work.

Thank you,
Hi,

Can you please elaborate on this a bit? How does it work in your store and what do you want to change? Please provide an example. Thank you.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
options, pricing, products, quantity