The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:50 PM

I can't find what's not working. The menu on the left appears to work fine.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Parish Web Mall View Post
ok, so i have a very similar issue and i'm not sure where to fix this at...i'm using a rockettheme template in joomla and my working page is

http://go-smg.com/tpwm/index.php/stores/eia.html

where it's not working which is where i'm testing and making necessary modifications to the responsive ecwid code is (making it match former modifications that had already been done in ecwid)

http://go-smg.com/tpwm/index.php/stores/true-find.html

all of my side bar modules are gone on the truefind page. this happens only when i use the responsive code for ecwid as the eia page is still the non responsive...please advise...i really need to get this figured out so i can continue with the necessary changes.

thanks!
Yeah, it doesn't "slide out" to any sub menus. Sorry Im a newbie with all this coding .. I ended up ditching the idea since I ran into a different problem with the plug in.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothsailingclothing View Post
I can't find what's not working. The menu on the left appears to work fine.
the store for truefind doesn't have the menu in sidebar a which would be on the left. the first link i posted works properly, the second doesn't as that pages menu disappears. does that make it more clear on my issue? i know it's now browser specific either because i've not gotten it to work in any browser...
Old 08-08-2013, 08:03 PM

The HTML on those pages are different.

The div layout:

working page:
image: http://i.imgur.com/1JnjwKj.png
Code:
.rt-mainbody-surround > .rt-main > .rt-grid-3 rt-pull-9 > .rt-sidebar-a

broken:
image: http://i.imgur.com/zF1ozk2.png
Code:
.rt-mainbody-surround > .rt-main > .rt-main-wrapper rt-grid-9 rt-push-3 > .rt-grid-3 rt-pull-9 > .rt-sidebar-a

Some how on the broken page the sidebar ( rt-sidebar-a) has been moved into the main wrapper ( rt-main-wrapper rt-grid-9 rt-push-3) which also holds the store html. The sidebar is hidden under the store. Since it's in the wrong spot it's also hidden if you remove the store html.

It's there once you remove the store html and CSS Left: -900px on the sidebar:

I'm not sure how you edit the page but some how the sidebar has been moved into the wrong area.

Last edited by smoothsailingclothing; 08-08-2013 at 08:08 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to smoothsailingco.com For This Useful Post:
Tri-Parish Web Mall (08-08-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 08:51 PM

so does anyone know how to fix the issue smoothsailingclothing figured out?
Old 08-08-2013, 09:03 PM

How do you edit your html or include the sidebar? I've never used Joomla so I'm not sure.

There must be a way to move the sidebar some where else. You have it in the correct place on one of your pages.

Are pages edited on a per page basis? Or do you edit 1 page and it changes all of them?

I'd like to help more but I'm just not sure how Joomla works
Old 08-08-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothsailingclothing View Post
How do you edit your html or include the sidebar? I've never used Joomla so I'm not sure.

There must be a way to move the sidebar some where else. You have it in the correct place on one of your pages.

Are pages edited on a per page basis? Or do you edit 1 page and it changes all of them?

I'd like to help more but I'm just not sure how Joomla works
The side bar is a module that is selected and added and then you get to choose it's position and certain characteristics. the html is there in the css on the ftp, however, i don't actually have to tweak it to include one...this problem appeared when i began testing the responsive code for ecwid. i can assign the module to whatever pages i choose, that's why the other pages appear fine (they have their own modules and are set up with the unresponsive ecwid code - if i change it their modules drop off as well).

Old 08-08-2013, 10:17 PM

Ohh, so it only breaks when responsive is activated? Maybe make a new thread and put in the title that responsive is breaking the site since they just implemented it and it could be a new bug.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:42 PM

yes, thanks! i will do that.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.