The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:16 PM

What exactly does this mean?

Fatal error: Class 'EcwidProductApi' not found in /home/prosp5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ecwid-shopping-cart/lib/EcwidCatalog.php on line 13

I have disabled all my plugins and deleted and reinstalled the ecwid plugin and I still get this error message.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:24 AM

Well I have finally determined ON MY OWN what the problem is. It turns out ONCE AGAIN that ecwid is NOT compatible with ANOTHER theme. I have been burned by this many times now. In fact I even bought a theme only to find out that ecwid is not compatible with it. I went through weeks of trying to get a refund since I could not use it only to be told "TOO BAD".

So here I am again having to find another theme that may or may not work with ecwid. I have spent a ton of time building this site/theme the way I want it. GRRRRR. It would be nice if maybe someone on the ecwid team could help me figure out exactly what is causing the errors and tell me what needs to be done to get it working.

I have put up a temporary theme that does work for now until I can figure this out. If someone is willing to help a paying customer out, let me know and I can put the other theme back up to be tested.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAX ATV View Post
Well I have finally determined ON MY OWN what the problem is. It turns out ONCE AGAIN that ecwid is NOT compatible with ANOTHER theme. I have been burned by this many times now. In fact I even bought a theme only to find out that ecwid is not compatible with it. I went through weeks of trying to get a refund since I could not use it only to be told "TOO BAD".

So here I am again having to find another theme that may or may not work with ecwid. I have spent a ton of time building this site/theme the way I want it. GRRRRR. It would be nice if maybe someone on the ecwid team could help me figure out exactly what is causing the errors and tell me what needs to be done to get it working.

I have put up a temporary theme that does work for now until I can figure this out. If someone is willing to help a paying customer out, let me know and I can put the other theme back up to be tested.
Can you please explain the incompatibility thing? The error was basically saying that a particular file inside Ecwid plugin could not be loaded. Why do you believe it was the theme and how did you find that out?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:47 PM

Eugene,
I figured this out through trial and error. I ended up testing many other themes. I found many that gave the same error as the one I was using and many that did not. I have no idea what the problem is on some themes and not others. I just know that I cannot use many themes if I want my store to get indexed. I am not really sure that it can now. All I know is that when I click the link you posted earlier in this thread I now see my store appear instead of an error.

I have tried to run some sitemapping applications to try and build a sitemap but the ecwid pages do not seem to get indexed in those programs. This makes me wonder if the search engines will see them.

Does anyone know of a sitemapping site or program that works with ecwid? I can build it manually but it would be very time consuming.

Eugene, can you check my site now and see if it is indexable? Thanks

By the way Eugene, I still do not see the product name in the page title. How is this done?

Can someone PLEASE check my site now and tell me why it is NOT being indexed by Google? I have jumped through all the hoops to figure this out and I am getting nowhere.

I also would like my original question "Use product name for page title instead of just 'Store' " to be answered as well. Is there a way to show the product name instead of 'Store'?

Last edited by Makfruit; 02-06-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAX ATV View Post
Eugene,
I figured this out through trial and error. I ended up testing many other themes. I found many that gave the same error as the one I was using and many that did not. I have no idea what the problem is on some themes and not others. I just know that I cannot use many themes if I want my store to get indexed. I am not really sure that it can now. All I know is that when I click the link you posted earlier in this thread I now see my store appear instead of an error.

I have tried to run some sitemapping applications to try and build a sitemap but the ecwid pages do not seem to get indexed in those programs. This makes me wonder if the search engines will see them.

Does anyone know of a sitemapping site or program that works with ecwid? I can build it manually but it would be very time consuming.

Eugene, can you check my site now and see if it is indexable? Thanks

By the way Eugene, I still do not see the product name in the page title. How is this done?

Can someone PLEASE check my site now and tell me why it is NOT being indexed by Google? I have jumped through all the hoops to figure this out and I am getting nowhere.

I also would like my original question "Use product name for page title instead of just 'Store' " to be answered as well. Is there a way to show the product name instead of 'Store'?

Hello,

I've inspected your site. As far as I can see, Ecwid WP plugin works properly now. Nothing prevents your store from being indexed. However it usually takes some time for search robots to complete indexation of your site and to "find" all your product pages. So, I think you should wait a little.

On sitemap generators:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...4678#post74678

On page titles:
Your store does generate unique titles for the products pages. Here is the details.

Ecwid supports the Google AJAX indexing protocol. More details:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853308/SEO

In a nutshell, it works this way. When you browse your store, you see full-functional AJAX-driven Ecwid application, i.e. there aren't any page reloads and additional requests to your server when you change store pages, which is why your store is very fast and convenient for your customers. As to search engines crawling your new Joomla site, they "see" separate product HTML pages with different page's titles and with rich snippets markup - it is the results of the WP plugin's work.

If you want check it yourself, you can enter a special product URL with _escaped_fragment_ part in your browser (search engines use such URLs) and look at the page source - it will content all the abovementioned data. Here is an example from your store (it displays the product title as the page titel and contains the product info in the special 'microdata' format):
http://traxatv.com/store/?_escaped_f...%26id=18882086

For more details on mapping from '#!' to '_escaped_fragment_' URL format, please refer to this page:
https://developers.google.com/webmas.../specification

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 02-06-2013, 05:26 PM

Thanks Matvey for the detailed explanation. I am in the process of building my own sitemap since none of the sitemaps seem to see my products. Once I am done hopefully google will start indexing my product pages.

Thanks for you help!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:51 PM

TRAX, please keep us informed of your progress. I am closely watching people's experiences with SEO and the latest ecwid plugins. To date, I have yet to see one happy user speak out about his great Google rankings (without him resorting to building out landing pages).
Old 02-08-2013, 09:11 PM

Well I have noticed that a handful of my pages in my store have now been indexed this week. They are not being indexed all that well yet. Time will tell.

I will say though that I have built landing pages for all the products I have in my store so far because it took so long to get the issues worked out. I have also built a sitemap by hand and submitted it to google as well.

Not sure if I will be a good tester for you as I have spent a ton of time trying to make the site indexable by google thinking the store SEO did not work.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:08 PM

I noticed this morning my indexes for my store went from 15 yesterday to 191 today. I am pretty sure that has something to do with my sitemap I built and submitted yesterday linking all my products so far.

I also noticed that my ranking is looking pretty good. I am on the first couple/few pages when I search. Even for products that in the past I have not ranked that high before because of the popularity of the product and how flooded the industry is. So far so good. I am hoping that I will get even better ranking with the added efforts I am doing to get back links.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
seo