The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 08:34 PM

Hi there,

Have there been any updates to this situation? I am using Ecwid for a local furniture store and they want to have "call for price" on each item. It would also be nice if shoppers could add the products to the shopping bag so they could basically favorite them, still without seeing an actual price. Any ideas on this?

Thanks for your help,
Seth
Old 02-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Hoffman1 View Post
Hi there,

Have there been any updates to this situation? I am using Ecwid for a local furniture store and they want to have "call for price" on each item. It would also be nice if shoppers could add the products to the shopping bag so they could basically favorite them, still without seeing an actual price. Any ideas on this?

Thanks for your help,
Seth
Unfortunatelty, this functionality has not been integrated in Ecwid yet. Please, vote for this idea here: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...or-pricing-opt and we will email you when it is added in Ecwid.

Currently you can use one of workarounds, which described in this post: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=582

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:47 PM

For the most part everything works great with "call for price" However my "add to bag" button still appears. How do I remove this from the call for price products?
Old 05-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Ecwid Team

In order to hide "Add to bag" button for particular product you should use following code in your custom CSS theme:

Code:
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-XXXXXX .ecwid-AddToBagButton {
   display: none;
}
, where XXXXXX should be change to the ID of the products, where "Add to bag" button should be hidden.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following User Says Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
Tim Pill (09-14-2012)
Old 05-24-2012, 12:54 PM

Thank You Maya
Old 09-24-2012, 05:10 AM

G'Day All,

I am new to Ecwid but I Love It so far.

I'm trying to implement the "Call For Price" but it doesn't want to do it for me...

I have it setup the correct way from what I can see but the items still display their prices in the "Product Description".

I'm trying to have it so that any item that is $0.00 is displayed as "Contact for Price" in the "Product Description" but still has the "Add To Cart" button for customers to process it as a transaction and then for us to contact them. Like here (http://www.ecwid.com/playground/call...t&product=4037)

The new site with the store is currently being tested behind the old one here: www.annys.com.au/annys-cart/store.php

Thanks

Last edited by Harry Ozkoch; 09-24-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Ozkoch View Post
G'Day All,

I am new to Ecwid but I Love It so far.

I'm trying to implement the "Call For Price" but it doesn't want to do it for me...

I have it setup the correct way from what I can see but the items still display their prices in the "Product Description".

I'm trying to have it so that any item that is $0.00 is displayed as "Contact for Price" in the "Product Description" but still has the "Add To Cart" button for customers to process it as a transaction and then for us to contact them. Like here (http://www.ecwid.com/playground/call...t&product=4037)

The new site with the store is currently being tested behind the old one here: www.annys.com.au/annys-cart/store.php

Thanks
Hi,

I've inspected your store. As far as I can see, the call-for-price mod doesn't work on your site because it is not properly included in the page source.

You have the following lines in your page code:
Code:
<script src="/ecwid-js/ecwid_common.js" type="text/javascript"></script> 
<script src="/ecwid-js/ecwid_callforprice_mod.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
They try to use the code from the URLs:
http://www.annys.com.au/ecwid-js/ecwid_common.js
http://www.annys.com.au/ecwid-js/ecw...orprice_mod.js

Those URLs respond with 404 error, i.e. there aren't such files on your server. Please use the valid URLs in the src parameters, it will most likely fix the issue.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 10-22-2012, 05:42 AM

Thanks for the reply Matvey. I believe I have properly intergrated the js into the website and linked them to the right place but I still can't seem to get it to work.

The site is live at www.annys.com.au.

Thanks Harry
Old 10-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Ozkoch View Post
Thanks for the reply Matvey. I believe I have properly intergrated the js into the website and linked them to the right place but I still can't seem to get it to work.

The site is live at www.annys.com.au.

Thanks Harry
Currently, your store uses the 'AU$' currency, but the custom JS code you implemented searches for '$' currency symbol. That's why it doesn't work. You can find occurences of '$' and replace them with 'AU$', it will fix the issue.

However, I would not recommend using this exact code anymore because it is outdated (it was created about two years ago). Ecwid URLs are going to be changed in the next version and since the modification code relies on the old URLs schema, it will stop working. Please refer to this post for the details:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?p=58936

In order to adapt the modification to the newest Ecwid versions, you will need to change the way it tracks Ecwid page changing. It should be done by means of Ecwid Javascript API, rather than parsing URL hashes.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 10-28-2012, 11:24 PM

I've tried replacing the $ with AU$, still no joy.
I've also tried just replacing $0.00 with AU$0.00 but no luck either.

The Ecwid Javascript API is beyond my level of understanding sorry. Is there a tutorial I can learn from?
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.