The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 12:12 PM

PayPal notice to update IPN and/or PDT scripts?

I received the following notice from PayPal, telling me that I may need to update scripts to work with their new IPN system. I suspect these scripts are part of Ecwid, and that as long as I'm using Ecwid, I don't need to do any additional scripting.

Here's the message from PayPal:

Action Required before February 1, 2013
Merchants need to update their IPN and/or PDT scripts to use HTTP 1.1, and include the “Host” header in the IPN postback script.

Does anyone know if further action is needed on my part?
Old 09-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Tracz-Raposo View Post
I received the following notice from PayPal, telling me that I may need to update scripts to work with their new IPN system. I suspect these scripts are part of Ecwid, and that as long as I'm using Ecwid, I don't need to do any additional scripting.

Here's the message from PayPal:

Action Required before February 1, 2013
Merchants need to update their IPN and/or PDT scripts to use HTTP 1.1, and include the “Host” header in the IPN postback script.

Does anyone know if further action is needed on my part?

Thank you for the information. We are aware of this upcoming PayPal update and we are already considering whether any changes will be required in Ecwid.
If you're using Ecwid IPN scripts no actions will be required from you. Ecwid is a hosted solution meaning that all updates, upgrades, patches and new features are implemented by our team, and you don't have to bother about such changes.

NOTE: Ecwid users who're using custom IPN scripts will have to contact the developers of the scripts for an update.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.

Thank Ecwid team on Twitter

Last edited by Lana; 09-18-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
ipn, paypal, pdt