The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:08 PM

How do I create a customized email to notify customer of shipping?

Hi!

How do I create a customized email to notify customer of shipping?

Thank you!
Sheen
Old 06-10-2012, 06:04 AM
Ecwid Team

You can send out your own notifications with a custom script receiving the instant order notifications from Ecwid.

It allows you to detect when order status is changed and send required notification, if order status is changed to “Shipped”

If you need professional custom programming service, you can contact our colleagues at Qualiteam. Please, send a request for quote describing your project to sales@qtmsoft.com if your are interested.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
Old 06-12-2012, 01:21 PM

Default ION Cannon endpoint URL

Hi Maya!

Where do I get the ION Cannon endpoint URL so that I can set this up? Can I simply edit the email that goes out to them now that notifies them that the order has shipped with the tracking number?

Thank you!
Sheen
Old 06-14-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agape Oils View Post
Hi Maya!

Where do I get the ION Cannon endpoint URL so that I can set this up? Can I simply edit the email that goes out to them now that notifies them that the order has shipped with the tracking number?

Thank you!
Sheen
If you need to change the "Order Shipped" notification, you can simply edit its template in Ecwid control panel → System Settings → Mail → Customer notificati​ons . No API knowledge and programming is needed.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
If you need to change the "Order Shipped" notification, you can simply edit its template in Ecwid control panel → System Settings → Mail → Customer notificati​ons . No API knowledge and programming is needed.
Hello!

I'm sorry. I must not be clear in what I am asking. When a customer gets notified of their items shipping, I would like the system to email them a customized email with my logo, verbiage, etc rather than the one that is defaulted to send to them. How do I accomplish this?

Thank you!
Sheen
Old 06-17-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agape Oils View Post
Hello!

I'm sorry. I must not be clear in what I am asking. When a customer gets notified of their items shipping, I would like the system to email them a customized email with my logo, verbiage, etc rather than the one that is defaulted to send to them. How do I accomplish this?

Thank you!
Sheen
Thanks, now I see. Unfortunately, it may no be achieved with Ecwid settings currently - the email notifications in Ecwid are sent in plain text only (please, vote for the idea of HTML email notifications, and we will let you know when this functionality becomes available).

Currently, this can be accomplished with custom programming. This is exactly what Maya was talking about - you need to create a script on a server-side scripting language, that will respond to the calls in the ION API Message format, request your order information and send out a letter to your customer. Then you need to place this script on some web server, and the URL of that script will be your ION endpoint, that you need to input in your Ecwid control panel.

This way requires some programming skills, so you may be interested in the professional custom programming service. As Maya already suggested, the programmers from Qualiteam can be contacted to accomplish this task, as they are quite familiar with Ecwid and its APIs and have lots of completed projects in the e-commerce area.

Last edited by Maya; 01-10-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:14 AM
Ecwid Team

Now you can use the new HTML email notifications in Ecwid and customize your order notifications as you want:
http://www.ecwid.com/blog/new-emails...wid-store.html

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.