The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:42 PM

Edit Invoice Text

Hi,

Ecwid's ability to print the invoice that we place in the shipping box is a very important feature for us.

Unfortunately, many US customers have an immediate reaction when they see "INVOICE" at the heading. They contact the seller to complain that they have already paid and should not receive another bill.

For this reason, when the competing PayPal cart creates this form the heading says "PACKING SLIP" (not "INVOICE") and the bottom text includes "This is not a bill."

Also, it's not normal practice for US business communication to use exclamation points in such forms, so we'd like to delete the "!" from "Thank you for your order!"

Is there any way to edit this text, through a new Language file or other?

Thank you in advance.

- Paul Del Piero
Old 04-28-2011, 03:39 PM

You can change the wording everywhere in Ecwid, even in printable invoice, as described here: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...inmystorefront

It is easy to use the technique described in that article by using this tool: http://www.ecwid.com/playground/translate-tool/ - just change the wording pretty much everywhere where 'invoice' word is used.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:56 PM

I am having trouble following the directions in the links above.

I am trying to replace the word "invoice" with "receipt" on the printed invoice.

I follow the link to the tool--navigate to PrintableInvoice.INVOICE--generate code for receipt.

Here is where I am having trouble--I am not sure where to place this code?

I am using the the simple store URL--the link in top right corner of the ecwid back end.

Thanks for the help
Old 10-15-2011, 04:26 AM

Hi,

I would please like some help with this or if someone knows that it is not possible, that is helpful as well.

Fortunately it looks possible but I missing a step somewhere.

I am trying to replace the word "invoice" with "receipt" on the printed invoice.

I follow the link to the tool--navigate to PrintableInvoice.INVOICE--generate code for receipt.

Am I supposed to be adding or replacing the text in control panel-->>system settings-->>design settings? If so I am not finding where to place or remove text?

Am I supposed to be adding the text to the widget code? As my store front I am using the the simple store URL--the link in top right corner of the ecwid back end and am not able to add to the dashboard-->>widget code.

Thanks for the help
Old 02-04-2012, 01:38 AM

Default please help us

hello
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiabonzing View Post
Hi,

I would please like some help with this or if someone knows that it is not possible, that is helpful as well.

Fortunately it looks possible but I missing a step somewhere.

Am I supposed to be adding or replacing the text in control panel-->>system settings-->>design settings? If so I am not finding where to place or remove text?

Am I supposed to be adding the text to the widget code? As my store front I am using the the simple store URL--the link in top right corner of the ecwid back end and am not able to add to the dashboard-->>widget code.

Thanks for the help
Old 02-06-2012, 04:00 AM

Hello!

Can you help? I am still looking for help
Old 02-06-2012, 08:27 AM

As the article under the given link says:
Quote:
In order to do it you just need to add a special JavaScript code with the updated labels before the Ecwid integration code.
So you need to add the translation code into the source code of your shop page on your site.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:18 AM

Hi There
I have done this and added the javascript code exactly from your translation code tool into the source code of my shop page before the Ecwid Integration code.
For some reason all the labels in the online shop change but the text labels in the printable invoice will not change? Please help?
Old 03-20-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastir View Post
Hi There
I have done this and added the javascript code exactly from your translation code tool into the source code of my shop page before the Ecwid Integration code.
For some reason all the labels in the online shop change but the text labels in the printable invoice will not change? Please help?
The changes you apply in the page that contains your Ecwid storefront are only applied to the store front. The code that you added affects the printable invoice that your customer can print from your storefront after placing an order, does not influence the text in the invoice that you print from Ecwid control panel (which is working on a completely different site and is not aware of the code in your shop page).

If you need to modify the invoice that is printed from Ecwid control panel please vote for this idea: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...e-customizable to get notified when it becomes available in Ecwid.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:50 PM

I've just wasted an hour trying to get the 'solution' working. We need to be able to generate the invoice in the office and send it with products (Like many companies)
It does seem faintly absurd that we need to vote for functionality that is fundamental to any e-commerce system? In Europe is a legal requirement to have VAT number on an invoice displaying VAT as a proportion of the invoice total. It does seem odd in a professional tool that there is no way of simply including it in the setup data..... especially when it is possible to create the tax - surely this could be part of the setup of the sales tax? Thanks,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMOW For This Useful Post:
john beirne (02-11-2014), Love Revolution (11-11-2013)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
edit, invoice