The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:53 AM

Authorize.net FDC Merchant ID or Terminal ID is incorrect

Hi, I have read through a few posts on this and checked the bugtracker item 1993 but I'm still not sure what the resolution is. I currently have a site up and running using authorize.net with no issues at all. It has been working for weeks. Advanceddv.com. However, I am ready to go live with a new site: www.giftseclectic.com (Ecwid id 77124) and authorize.net is not working.

I have been using authorize.net in test mode with no issues for several weeks. When using test mode I am sent to: https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll
I can enter in a credit card and am sent back to Ecwid with no problems. However, as soon as I take authorize.net and Ecwid out of test mode I encounter the following:

The first time I try to check out once test mode is turned off, I am routed to authorize.net to:
https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll
But after entering a credit number and selecting submit, I am returned back to Ecwid with the following error:

The FDC Merchant ID or Terminal ID is incorrect. Call Merchant Service Provider. 'Return to Cart'

Then if I try to check out again I won't even get routed to Authorize.net, I just get an error from Ecwid that reads:

Cannont proceed with checkout because of an internal error. Please contact the website administrator.

I can't get passed this error until I put both Ecwid and Authorize.net back into test mode.

Is this an issue with authorize.net? Is it as simple as the bugtracker issue mentioned above and my account is still in test mode? I would really appreciate any help you could offer. Trying to take the store live tomorrow. Please note that this issue is with store id: 77124.

Thanks,

Damon
Old 02-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Ecwid Team

Damon,

First of all, please make sure that you use the correct login id and it's live.
Then contact Authorize.Net regarding this issue. Since you get the "The FDC Merchant ID or Terminal ID is incorrect" error only after you submit the credit card number, it may be related to some merchant account settings.

---

"Internal error": it may be a different error. Please create a new ticket in our bugtracker, we will check the logs.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 02-15-2010, 08:40 PM

Eugene, as always, thanks for the quick reply. Thanks for the information. I have confirmed that this is NOT an Ecwid issue and I have something wrong with my Authorize.net settings or account. Of course they are closed today for President's Day, so I'm sure I'll get it fixed tomorrow. Once I do I'll post the fix here as I see a lot of people seem to be struggling with Authorize.net integration. It is strange, cause it is working perfectly on my other site.

If you get a chance please check out my new site http://giftseclectic.com. I'd welcome any input you have.

Thanks again for the support.

Damon
Old 02-16-2010, 02:16 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonadv View Post
Eugene, as always, thanks for the quick reply. Thanks for the information. I have confirmed that this is NOT an Ecwid issue and I have something wrong with my Authorize.net settings or account. Of course they are closed today for President's Day, so I'm sure I'll get it fixed tomorrow. Once I do I'll post the fix here as I see a lot of people seem to be struggling with Authorize.net integration. It is strange, cause it is working perfectly on my other site.

If you get a chance please check out my new site http://giftseclectic.com. I'd welcome any input you have.

Thanks again for the support.

Damon
Thank you for keeping us informed, Damon. Your information about this issue is appreciated greatly.

Regarding your store: did you assign your mobile catalog with your subdomain?

Old 02-16-2010, 11:22 PM

Eugene,

I was able to get Authorize.net to work and now have it working on two separate stores using Wordpress:
www.advanceddv.com
www.giftseclectic.com
Authorize.net is a great solution and works well with Ecwid. However, both times I had a lot of trouble getting it to work and spent hours trouble shooting, so I'll pass along what I've learned here and hopefully it will be helpful to anyone else working to get authorize.net to work properly.

After spending hours trouble shooting different issues, the problem came down to the merchant server provider who set up the authorize.net account. Neither time was it an Ecwid issue, or even an Authorize.net issue. The most important thing for anyone setting up a site with Ecwid and Authorize.net to realize is that A SITE WORKING IN TEST MODE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT IT WILL WORK WHEN TEST MODE IS TURNED OFF. Both times I set up the sites, it worked great in test mode and did not fail until test mode was turned off. You need to turn off test mode, and check out your site actually running credit cards before going live. Make sure that your merchant service provider sets you up using the SIM method, then have them double check all of the other settings. The problem on our last site ended up being Wells Fargo had one number off when setting up our account with Authorize.net. Took us two days for them to figure that out.

Anyway, I hope this information helps out anyone else who is having problems getting authorized.net to work with Ecwid.

Damon
Old 02-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonadv View Post
Eugene,

I was able to get Authorize.net to work and now have it working on two separate stores using Wordpress:
www.advanceddv.com
www.giftseclectic.com
Authorize.net is a great solution and works well with Ecwid. However, both times I had a lot of trouble getting it to work and spent hours trouble shooting, so I'll pass along what I've learned here and hopefully it will be helpful to anyone else working to get authorize.net to work properly.

After spending hours trouble shooting different issues, the problem came down to the merchant server provider who set up the authorize.net account. Neither time was it an Ecwid issue, or even an Authorize.net issue. The most important thing for anyone setting up a site with Ecwid and Authorize.net to realize is that A SITE WORKING IN TEST MODE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT IT WILL WORK WHEN TEST MODE IS TURNED OFF. Both times I set up the sites, it worked great in test mode and did not fail until test mode was turned off. You need to turn off test mode, and check out your site actually running credit cards before going live. Make sure that your merchant service provider sets you up using the SIM method, then have them double check all of the other settings. The problem on our last site ended up being Wells Fargo had one number off when setting up our account with Authorize.net. Took us two days for them to figure that out.

Anyway, I hope this information helps out anyone else who is having problems getting authorized.net to work with Ecwid.

Damon
Very useful information. We will add it to our knowledge base.

The Following User Says Thank You to Qetzal For This Useful Post:
Blue Dolphin Naturals (11-05-2012)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
authorize.net, fdc merchant id