The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:22 AM

Shipping

Is there a way to specify, for example - $4.95 for the first item and then $1 per additional item? Right now I have my User-Defined SHipping Methods calculated at 25% of the item price, but my prices are very low so sometime it comes out to be below the $5 mark and I lose on shipping.
I see a Per Order area then a per item but I am not sure how to select both and to get it to work out how I indicated above.....
Please advise, I appreciate it!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Ecwid Team

Yes, it is totally possible to set shipping cost calculation as you described. In order to do this you should you User-defined shipping method functionality.:

1. Go to Ecwid control panel → System Settings → Shipping → User-Defined Methods
2. Choose exist shipping method or create new one
3. Click “New charge” button and select the destination zone from the list, where this shipping will be applied
4. Set “3.95” in “Per order, $” field and “1.00” in “Per item, $”
5. Click “Save”

Once you do this shipping method will be calculates as $3.95 + $1.00 = $4.95, if only one item was ordered, as $3.95 + $1.00 + $1.00 = $5.95, if two items were ordered, etc.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following User Says Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
xo.erika.e (03-26-2012)
Old 08-09-2012, 05:28 PM

I don't see "User Defined Methods" as an option any more. Is there a way to still do this?
Old 08-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studs and Stones 4 U View Post
I don't see "User Defined Methods" as an option any more. Is there a way to still do this?
This is the outdated instruction, actually. It has been used before shipping method was released.

It is totally possible to setup shipping as described in the first post. In order to do this you should:
- Go to Ecwid control panel → System Settings → Shipping
- Click “New shipping method”
- Choose the zone from “Select shipping region” select box, for which this shipping should be applied
- Choose “Custom table” in “How to calculate shipping?” box and proceed to the next step
- Choose “Subtotal” in “Table based on” block, if what that shipping has been limited by order cost, and "weight" if this shipping should be limited by order's weight.
- Choose “Range, Subtotal, weight” in “Rate based on” block
- Choose subtotal or weight ranges
- Set 3.95 in "Per order" field and 1.00 in "per item" field
- Set devilery speed and proceed to the next step
- Set shipping method name, which will be shown for your customers click “Save”

Once you do this shipping method will be calculates as $3.95 + $1.00 = $4.95, if only one item was ordered, as $3.95 + $1.00 + $1.00 = $5.95, if two items were ordered, etc.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.