The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:53 PM

Product options that limit other options

I am trying to have a store that sells mens suits. For a complete suit there are options that should limit sizes. For example a jacket can be short, regular, long, and extra long. And the sizes run from 36-64. But if you choose short you should be limited to only the beginning of the size run (36-44). How can I make this possible so a customer cannot choose an impossible variation without showing that it is out of stock via product variations. And I do not want to create separate items for short, regular, etc. I just want it to gray out or tell the customer that the size is not possible (without adding instructions to the product description).
Old 02-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Ecwid Team

Ecwid allows to limit variations of products options using Product Variations functionality. In order to do this you should create variations of options and set “Out of stock” for variations, which can’t be sold (like, “short” and “36-44”). In this case customer will be able to choose this variation, but will not be able to buy it.

Unfortunately, functionality, which allows to form the list of options depending on previously selected option, like in your case, has not been developed yet.

If you consider that this functionality should be added in Ecwid, please, vote for this idea here: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...ns-of-options- and we will inform you when it is released.

------------------
Welcome to our new Help Center!
The Following User Says Thank You to Maya For This Useful Post:
Mr Buttonz (04-27-2012)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
combinations, options