The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 03:55 PM

Currently ecwid only has a like button below the products in a cart. As the admin of my business and my ecwid cart, when I click like, it posts that to my personal profile. I would like the like to post to my business page instead. That is why a share feature like YouTube and many other sites use is much more useful. When you click the share button, there is a drop down tab where you can define if you want to share the information on your wall, or you can select a business page.

I think this would be a much more powerful option for business owners to have because users can share the product, and admins of an ecwid cart can share a new product that just got listed in our shopping carts to our business pages, thus driving more traffic to our websites.

Is there a way to do this that I'm not aware of yet?
Thanks

Currently, the only way to share a product on a business page's wall is to like it first, have it post to my personal wall, then go copy the URL generated by ecwid and then go over to my business page and paste the URL. This could be a one step process if the like were changed to a share and when clicked, the window that pops up has a drop down tab where the user or the admin of an ecwid cart can define if you want to share it on a personal wall or facebook business page's wall.

Last edited by Eugene Rimmer; 02-06-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tier One Designs View Post
Currently ecwid only has a like button below the products in a cart. As the admin of my business and my ecwid cart, when I click like, it posts that to my personal profile. I would like the like to post to my business page instead. That is why a share feature like YouTube and many other sites use is much more useful. When you click the share button, there is a drop down tab where you can define if you want to share the information on your wall, or you can select a business page.

I think this would be a much more powerful option for business owners to have because users can share the product, and admins of an ecwid cart can share a new product that just got listed in our shopping carts to our business pages, thus driving more traffic to our websites.

Is there a way to do this that I'm not aware of yet?
Thanks

Currently, the only way to share a product on a business page's wall is to like it first, have it post to my personal wall, then go copy the URL generated by ecwid and then go over to my business page and paste the URL. This could be a one step process if the like were changed to a share and when clicked, the window that pops up has a drop down tab where the user or the admin of an ecwid cart can define if you want to share it on a personal wall or facebook business page's wall.
Hello,

We understand that, in some cases, the share button is more convenient than the like one. However the like buttons allow to share a product in one click, that's the main advantage of them. Anyway, we are going to improve the social tools in Ecwid, including implementation of some kind of a share tool directly in control panel, so store owners will be able to quickly share their products in the web.

In the meantime, you can consider a workaround - using the special URLs for sharing the product on any page in Facebook where you're allowed to post. You can manually place those URLs in Facebook and it will automatically get all related product info. Please refer to this thread for the details:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8944

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 02-09-2012, 06:55 PM

You can also use the send button on each product page. Just email the product to the secret email for your business page, and write what you'd like to say about it in the subject line. It uses the product description, and the right thumbnail and posts as you on your business fan page.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:04 PM

Thanks for the response Matvey. I'm excited to have a share function somewhere within ecwid so as an ecwid user and facebook business fan page user, I can post my products to my business fan page. Sorry for posting to more than one thread.

Kaelin, can you explain your work around a little more, I'm still don't quite understand the process you described?
Old 02-10-2012, 04:00 PM

Sure. Every fanpage has a secret email that you can use to post by email while you're out an about. If you click on the settings link on your fan page, then the Mobile link on the left, you'll find it. Don't share it with anyone, btw.

Then, navigate to the product you want to post. Click the send button, enter your secret email, then there's a line that says "Subject". This is where you type your post. Then hit send. I did it with a pendant on my page today:

http://www.facebook.com/KaelinDesign

Works like a charm. You can also post it to different groups you might belong to, but it only works when you're using Facebook as yourself, so it'll be you sharing the link with the group, not your business page.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:25 PM

Brilliant! I will have to try this out, thanks so much for sharing this technique!
Old 05-23-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelin Cordis View Post
Sure. Every fanpage has a secret email that you can use to post by email while you're out an about. If you click on the settings link on your fan page, then the Mobile link on the left, you'll find it. Don't share it with anyone, btw.

Then, navigate to the product you want to post. Click the send button, enter your secret email, then there's a line that says "Subject". This is where you type your post. Then hit send. I did it with a pendant on my page today:

http://www.facebook.com/KaelinDesign

Works like a charm. You can also post it to different groups you might belong to, but it only works when you're using Facebook as yourself, so it'll be you sharing the link with the group, not your business page.
I cannot, for the life of me, get this to work. Every time I follow your steps, my post on facebook says I'm having a conversation. No link or anything else.
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.