The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:43 PM

Thumbs up

A little customization on the mobile page

Hey Ecwid team,

Let me start off by saying thanks for all the previous support. Your product works great on the website and has really helped this christmas season. We have a physical store, and we use our website for customers to have a good idea of selection before they come into the store, we have had nothing but great news from people using the site.

However, because of the large amount of products we have (3000+), and a large percentage (around 15%) of all our online hits are mobile I have created a redirect on my website that directs to the mobile site for our shop for anybody using a mobile browser. Unfortunately because of this, people can't access certain parts of the website outside of the store.

My main question was, would I be able to add a few links to the mobile page? And possibly clean it up a little? I would be willing to pay somebody on your end if it requires some time and customization. I really looking to just add 5 links to the top of bottom of the page.

If not, I have no problem submitting an idea, I see a few people have the same idea.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:04 PM

Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to customize the mobile catalog of Ecwid - it currently contains the necessary elements to display your catalog for the older mobile devices that do not support JavaScript.

To get an ability to customize the mobile store sooner in Ecwid please vote for this idea: http://ideas.ecwid.com/forums/22031-...mobile-version

However, mobile users on the modern smartphones (like Android/iOS/Blackberry) are able to shop and place orders in the full version of your store, without resorting to a mobile catalog. This is why a default installation of Ecwid does not automatically redirect mobile users to a mobile version - there is a great probability nowadays that they are able to use the full version without limitations.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.