The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:03 PM

Exclamation

Hide prices until checkout

Some manufacturers require you to have non advertised pricing. So if you go below a their Minimum Advertised Price, you cannot advertise it. Which is why Best Buy and other stores hide their prices until you add them to the cart. Is there a way to achieve this with Ecwid? Because it is only for certain products, i only want to have the prices hidden for a select few products when i get a great deal on them.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Nutrition View Post
Some manufacturers require you to have non advertised pricing. So if you go below a their Minimum Advertised Price, you cannot advertise it. Which is why Best Buy and other stores hide their prices until you add them to the cart. Is there a way to achieve this with Ecwid? Because it is only for certain products, i only want to have the prices hidden for a select few products when i get a great deal on them.
It is possible in Ecwid to hide price of a particular product until it is added to the cart.

As you probably know, there is a way to hide product prices in a store at all (by modification of your custom CSS theme):
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/21851989/...t%22%20buttons

There is also a special technique to apply CSS changes only to a particular product or category:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/46376921/...s%20in%20Ecwid

So, in order to hide prices for a particular product on the product details page you should use the following code:
Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-<product ID> div.ecwid-productBrowser-price {
  display:none; 
}
where <product ID> should be replaced with the ID of the product which you want to hide price for. The following document in our Knowledge base describes how a product ID can be found:
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/23947812/...0or%20category

However, the suggested code will hide price only on the product details page. To hide it on a category listing page you should place all products, which you want to hide price for, under the same category and hide product prices there with the help of the following code:
Code:
div.ecwid-productBrowser-CategoryPage-<category ID> div.ecwid-productBrowser-price {
}
where <category ID> should be replaced with the ID of that category. As a result, no price will be displayed on the corresponding category page.

Using the given code samples, you can hide the prices of particular products in the product catalog, and they will still be visible on the cart page and at the checkout.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 04-04-2012, 02:14 PM

Hello-

I was able to hide the prices for a specific category. BUT, now I need to hide the price on the product page for the entire category. There are over 100 products in the category so it wouldn't really be feasible to add "Hide product price" for each individual product. Is there a code hack for this? To hide all product page prices in a category?
Thanks!!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmeredith View Post
Hello-

I was able to hide the prices for a specific category. BUT, now I need to hide the price on the product page for the entire category. There are over 100 products in the category so it wouldn't really be feasible to add "Hide product price" for each individual product. Is there a code hack for this? To hide all product page prices in a category?
Thanks!!
Hello,

Please refer to this thread:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=736

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Ecwid For This Useful Post:
SSmeredith (05-01-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 07:21 AM

Default Remove Price only on specific products

Is it possible to remove price only on specific products I indicate?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:10 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinmsigmon View Post
Is it possible to remove price only on specific products I indicate?
Hello,

Please refer to this post:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...2009#post42009

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Old 11-29-2012, 08:24 AM

<3 wish I saw that when I searched and found the hiding all code, thanks.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:38 AM

div.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage-<15792105> div.ecwid-productBrowser-price {

.../product/category=3692418&id=15792105

Price is still showing for me
Old 11-29-2012, 09:04 AM

<> are unnecessary in the CSS rule. If you have precisely that text in your CSS, remove the <> symbols.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:31 AM

Got it, thanks E

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
hidden pricing, map, minimum pricing