The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:12 PM

Customer Details

Hi,

I would to know if there is any way to customize buyer detail.

As I noticed that once checkout, buyer have to key in Name, Address, telephone, email.

If there any way to add additional field or change the header of each details?
Old 06-09-2011, 09:49 PM

Currently, the only field you could add into the address forms is the company name (Ecwid control pane, System settings → General → Cart → Ask for the company name).

Of course, you could change the text labels for input fields in that form, but keep in mind that Ecwid validates the user input - i.e. email must be a valid email address, phone must consist only of digits - so I wouldn't recommend trying to change labels for email and phone field - it will only confuse your customers. For all other fields it is possible to change the text labels as described here: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...inmystorefront

Also keep in mind, that some fields (Name, Street Address, City) are required to be filled (this cannot be changed) and when the form is validated and they are not filled properly, the customer will see an error message. If that message mentions some other field, not visually present in the form because you renamed it, you customer will also get confused. So, you need to change the text of the validation messages accordingly, if you change the field labels. This tool: http://www.ecwid.com/playground/translate-tool/ will generally help you to cover all possible occurrences of any text in Ecwid you would like to change.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:40 AM

Eugene -
I have the a similar issue, I would like to add a custom field to my checkout. I need all of the address fields, and I like having the phone number. Is there a way to add an additional field? Thanks!
Christina
Old 08-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthfulhm View Post
Eugene -
I have the a similar issue, I would like to add a custom field to my checkout. I need all of the address fields, and I like having the phone number. Is there a way to add an additional field? Thanks!
Christina
Christina, do you need the "Company" field as well?

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 08-11-2011, 07:56 PM

I would like to have it, but it's by no means necessary. If I need to change it to get an extra field, that would be fine.
I would want to move that field to a different location if possible, to right below the phone number field.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:57 PM

Default Change Company Name Field in Wordpress?

How would you do this on a Wordpress site? (Change customer name?)
Old 08-31-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemacaron-us View Post
How would you do this on a Wordpress site? (Change customer name?)
Sorry, can you please better explain what are you trying to achieve?
Old 08-31-2012, 12:50 PM

I'm trying to change the Company Name Label. Your link suggests a script. I assume the script will not work by adding it to Wordpress because ECWID is a hosted cart so I assume the script will not affect ECWID at all.

The instructions on this page do not say clearly where to add this script
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...inmystorefront

I need instructions on where to add this script to ECWID via the Control Panel but there are no instructions on where this script should be added.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemacaron-us View Post
I'm trying to change the Company Name Label. Your link suggests a script. I assume the script will not work by adding it to Wordpress because ECWID is a hosted cart so I assume the script will not affect ECWID at all.

The instructions on this page do not say clearly where to add this script
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/22978888/...inmystorefront

I need instructions on where to add this script to ECWID via the Control Panel but there are no instructions on where this script should be added.
Since that script is for Ecwid, and you are going to use Ecwid in your Wordpress, that script will definitely work for Ecwid on your Wordpress. As for instructions, if you read further, its says:
Quote:
How do I apply a custom translation in Wordpress?
and below it:
Quote:
The code for your custom translations should be placed in the HTML code of Wordpress page where your Ecwid store is installed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eugene Rimmer For This Useful Post:
Judith M (05-21-2014)
Old 09-01-2012, 02:38 AM

Thumbs up Thank you

It worked like a charm, I'm amazed but now I understand how it works. Thank you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.