The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Lorin Koch's Avatar
Lorin Koch is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
Question

Copying options from one record to many others


I need to be able to somehow copy the options and associated selections from one product to 10 or more existing other products. My supplier just greatly increased the options available for their products and it takes about 15 minutes per item to update. Is there any easy way to do this? I could not figure out how to export the information because I could not find the Options information in any of the export field selections. Thanks for the help.
  #2  
Old 03-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Eugene Rimmer's Avatar
Eugene Rimmer Eugene Rimmer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ecwid headquarters
Posts: 7,765
Default

Unfortunately, product options currently support only direct modification per product and partial import (using X-Cart import format; only text fields and dropdowns can be imported this way). Copying options from one product to another is not currently supported; you can vote for this idea to make it happen sooner.

If you need only dropdowns and textfields (or radio buttons, but it will need some manual work after import), you can currently use X-Cart import format to update your existing products with options the following way.

Comprise your import file only of [PRODUCT_OPTIONS] section (every column in that specification is required). For each product you need to enlist all the options you want to add (they are called option classes in X-Cart) and all the entries in the dropdowns/radio button options you need to have. This has to be repeated per each product you need to add. The existing products in your inventory are matched upon the import by SKU and (if there was no such SKU) by product name.
  #3  
Old 02-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Tim - DecalsStickers's Avatar
Tim - DecalsStickers Tim - DecalsStickers is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12
Arrow Xcart format to create and import options to all 900 products at once

Hello,

We imported almost 900 products and we are now trying to import options. Did our best to follow your details here but it is failing.

We need to import 32 colors options [drop down] and 5 different size options - can you show us an example of what the table will look like using openoffice.

After importing all the initial products we were able to update all qty and weights - but we are stuck on this options - formatting it in the X-Cart method to get all options into all products at one import.

Here was the page
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/27124243/...%20and%20Ecwid

Thank you!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Rimmer View Post
Unfortunately, product options currently support only direct modification per product and partial import (using X-Cart import format; only text fields and dropdowns can be imported this way). Copying options from one product to another is not currently supported; you can vote for this idea to make it happen sooner.

If you need only dropdowns and textfields (or radio buttons, but it will need some manual work after import), you can currently use X-Cart import format to update your existing products with options the following way.

Comprise your import file only of [PRODUCT_OPTIONS] section (every column in that specification is required). For each product you need to enlist all the options you want to add (they are called option classes in X-Cart) and all the entries in the dropdowns/radio button options you need to have. This has to be repeated per each product you need to add. The existing products in your inventory are matched upon the import by SKU and (if there was no such SKU) by product name.
  #4  
Old 02-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Eugene Rimmer's Avatar
Eugene Rimmer Eugene Rimmer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ecwid headquarters
Posts: 7,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim - DecalsStickers View Post
Hello,

We imported almost 900 products and we are now trying to import options. Did our best to follow your details here but it is failing.

We need to import 32 colors options [drop down] and 5 different size options - can you show us an example of what the table will look like using openoffice.

After importing all the initial products we were able to update all qty and weights - but we are stuck on this options - formatting it in the X-Cart method to get all options into all products at one import.

Here was the page
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/27124243/...%20and%20Ecwid

Thank you!
You can quickly get the necessary file in the X-Cart format by modelling your product in the X-Cart demo or an evaluational installation of X-Cart (available to download for free) and exporting it.
  #5  
Old 02-10-2012, 03:55 AM
Tim - DecalsStickers's Avatar
Tim - DecalsStickers Tim - DecalsStickers is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12
Exclamation Please just help directly with the format

Hello,

This is very frustrating. We communicated that we were successful in importing new quanity and weights.

But now your telling us to learn another shopping cart to import our options into your system?

Can you just provide the direct answer here so others can see a real example so they can quickly resolve this importing options variable to all their products.


Example here was the code for importing the qty and weight
1st line is the columns and the 2nd and 3rd line is two products to update the new qty and weight.
"TITLE";"QUANTITY";"WEIGHT"
"Everything Birds - Birds on a wire";100;0.9
"Vinyl Wall Decal - Welcome friends with ...........";100;0.9


Can you give me the same details to do this with options.

This is what we have as an example - the only pulldown is color

"!PRODUCT";"!CLASS";"!TYPE";"!OPTION"
"Everything Birds - Birds on a wire";"color";;"“Black”, “Red”, “Purple”"

If you can also show how to add size option too. These are the most two common questions.

Option Color
Black, Red, Purple +30 others later

Option Size
Small, Medium, Large


Thank you

Last edited by Tim - DecalsStickers; 02-10-2012 at 03:59 AM. Reason: spelling
  #6  
Old 02-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Eugene Rimmer's Avatar
Eugene Rimmer Eugene Rimmer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ecwid headquarters
Posts: 7,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim - DecalsStickers View Post
Hello,

This is very frustrating. We communicated that we were successful in importing new quanity and weights.

But now your telling us to learn another shopping cart to import our options into your system?

Can you just provide the direct answer here so others can see a real example so they can quickly resolve this importing options variable to all their products.


Example here was the code for importing the qty and weight
1st line is the columns and the 2nd and 3rd line is two products to update the new qty and weight.
"TITLE";"QUANTITY";"WEIGHT"
"Everything Birds - Birds on a wire";100;0.9
"Vinyl Wall Decal - Welcome friends with ...........";100;0.9


Can you give me the same details to do this with options.

This is what we have as an example - the only pulldown is color

"!PRODUCT";"!CLASS";"!TYPE";"!OPTION"
"Everything Birds - Birds on a wire";"color";;"“Black”, “Red”, “Purple”"

If you can also show how to add size option too. These are the most two common questions.

Option Color
Black, Red, Purple +30 others later

Option Size
Small, Medium, Large


Thank you
Attached to this post is the example file that creates 2 dropdown options on 1 product. Product is found in the catalog by its SKU (!PRODUCTCODE field), so SKU must exactly match in the file and in the catalog. Here is the result of the import: https://testrimmer.ecwid.com/simple-...roduct=9390095

I started exactly with an export from the X-Cart demo and just deleted the unnecessary rows and columns. So I suggested to use the X-Cart demo as a good visual options modeler and maker of the valid CSV files with options, not to learn it as your new shopping cart.
Attached Files
File Type: csv export_20120210_124523.csv (442 Bytes, 104 views)
  #7  
Old 02-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Tim - DecalsStickers's Avatar
Tim - DecalsStickers Tim - DecalsStickers is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12
Default

Thank you so very much!!!!
  #8  
Old 02-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Tim - DecalsStickers's Avatar
Tim - DecalsStickers Tim - DecalsStickers is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12
Default

Ok we got excited to quickly.

All we did was change the sku to one of ours and not changing anything to the example you gave we tried to import it using the xcart tab and it fails to import




And then Received this error.




And here is the .csv values - again all we changed was the sku #

Code:
"[PRODUCT_OPTIONS]";;;;;;
"!PRODUCTCODE";"!PRODUCT";"!CLASS";"!TYPE";"!OPTION";"!PRICE_MODIFIER";"!MODIFIER_TYPE"
"SKU00186";"1 DAD  -  Wall Sticker - Wall Decal";"COLOR";"Y";"Dark chambray";0;"$"
;;;"Y";"White";0;"$"
;;;"Y";"Seaweed";0;"$"
;;;"Y";"Gray";0;"$"
;;;"Y";"New ginger";0;"$"
;;;"Y";"Walnut";0;"$"
"SKU00186";"1 DAD  -  Wall Sticker - Wall Decal";"SIZE";"Y";"S";-1;"$"
;;;"Y";"M";0;"$"
;;;"Y";"L";1;"$"
;;;"Y";"XL";2;"$"
;;;"Y";"XXL";3;"$"
I spotted that we put our SKU as "SKU00186" and then saw that are sku does not have that syntax it is simply "00186"

So made that change and attempted import again and received the same error as imaged above.

Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: csv export_OPTIONS-Example--TEST-THIS ONEw-one-SKU.csv (451 Bytes, 67 views)

Last edited by maya; 02-13-2012 at 07:49 AM.
  #9  
Old 02-14-2012, 02:08 AM
Tim - DecalsStickers's Avatar
Tim - DecalsStickers Tim - DecalsStickers is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12
Thumbs up We found the error

found the error. Extra ;;;; was somehow added to the top of the "[PRODUCT_OPTIONS]" by openoffice calc - once we removed those - It imported without error.


So again - looking at the file using notepad we saw it was saved like this

"[PRODUCT_OPTIONS]";;;;;;

and we just removed the ;;;;;;

to become
"[PRODUCT_OPTIONS]"

and then the example csv with 1 sku imported without error
Attached Files
File Type: csv export_OPTIONS-one-SKU-test.csv (445 Bytes, 76 views)
File Type: csv Works--export_OPTIONS-one-SKU-test.csv (439 Bytes, 75 views)

Last edited by Tim - DecalsStickers; 02-14-2012 at 02:47 AM.
  #10  
Old 09-24-2012, 04:50 PM
techtoys2go.com's Avatar
techtoys2go.com techtoys2go.com is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 152
Default

Just trying to figure out how this all works... when I import these csv files into Excel should I remove the " (quotations) as text delimiters? or will it make more sense to leave them in for when I need to export out of excel and into ecwid? can the excel file have more than one product or do I need a separate csv file for each product with options? The examples here only have 1 product.
 
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:15 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.