The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 07:38 PM

Share vs. Like

I see that fans on our Facebook 'products' tab can 'Share' a product. Where is the ability to 'Like' that product??

Thanks, Lisa
Old 02-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa B View Post
I see that fans on our Facebook 'products' tab can 'Share' a product. Where is the ability to 'Like' that product??

Thanks, Lisa
Lisa,

The difference between Share and Like buttons is as follows:

1. Like button
The Like button requires only one click to share a link, however the story will appear as a single line like "Eugene likes Product on example.com" in your news feed.

2. Share button
This button requires two clicks to share a page, however the story will appear in your news feed with a thumbnail and a description. So it looks much better and appealing for a customer.

That's why we have implemented the Share button. However maybe the Like button will appear in the future as well.

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 02-28-2011, 03:01 PM

Any way I can include this share button for my custom ecwid facebook app?

Thanks
Old 02-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai Havard View Post
Any way I can include this share button for my custom ecwid facebook app?

Thanks
Hi,
If you use a custom Facebook app, then you should add the "Share/Like" button to product descriptions. Please refer to this thread: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...1512#post11512

@ecwid | Facebook | Ecwid Knowledge Base
Old 02-06-2012, 04:10 PM

There is a problem with the like button that can be overcome if you changed the like to a share button. As the admin of my business and my ecwid cart, when I click like, it posts to my personal profile. I would like the like to post to my business page instead. That is why a share feature like YouTube and many other sites use would much more useful. If the like button were changed to a share button, when clicked, there is a drop down tab where you can define if you want to share the information on a personal wall, or you can select a business page's wall.

I think this would be a much more powerful option since it would allow business owners to share new product that just got listed in our shopping carts to our business pages, thus driving more traffic to our websites.

Is there a way to do this that I'm not aware of? I think changing the like to a share function would be the best of both worlds. Users could still share a product with friends, and admins of an ecwid cart and a facebook business page could use it to share new products with customers, and even alter the title and description before posting to draw more attention to the product and any related specials to that product.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
There is a problem with the like button that can be overcome if you changed the like to a share button. As the admin of my business and my ecwid cart, when I click like, it posts to my personal profile. I would like the like to post to my business page instead. That is why a share feature like YouTube and many other sites use would much more useful. If the like button were changed to a share button, when clicked, there is a drop down tab where you can define if you want to share the information on a personal wall, or you can select a business page's wall.

I think this would be a much more powerful option since it would allow business owners to share new product that just got listed in our shopping carts to our business pages, thus driving more traffic to our websites.

Is there a way to do this that I'm not aware of? I think changing the like to a share function would be the best of both worlds. Users could still share a product with friends, and admins of an ecwid cart and a facebook business page could use it to share new products with customers, and even alter the title and description before posting to draw more attention to the product and any related specials to that product.
I've replied you here:
http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthre...5073#post45073

Please do not crosspost the same topic in multiple threads. We monitor all the forum and do our best to reply to each question.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials
Closed Thread
The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.