Old 12-31-2016, 06:14 PM

Here we are paying for a service to make our lives easier, and we are expected to program our own DHL API and manage it/update it.

cheaper for me on a lot of routes

Last edited by Daria Sh.; 01-18-2017 at 10:39 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Miles Ratanaprukpan1 For This Useful Post:
Julia Truchsess (01-01-2017)
Old 01-15-2017, 12:56 PM

Much cheaper than Fedex or UPS for me, and often very competitive with USPS Priority Express, but with better customs clearance and delivery to end recipient.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:09 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

It’s Daria from Ecwid Customer Care team.

Thanks for your feedback about DHL. I've passed it to our product management team.

Currently, while there is no inbuilt integration with DHL, I can suggest the following workarounds:

1. Custom table shipping method.
This way, you can emulate DHL rates. See how to set it up here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...ng#Customtable If you ship to many destinations, maybe you could use approximate, average rates. To get more accurate rates here, you should specify them for different destination zones.

2. Develop custom integration.
As I see, DHL has the API, here is the link to the documentation: http://www.dhl.com/en/express/resour...solutions.html So, you can integrate it specially for your store. You will also need to use our API, here is the link: https://developers.ecwid.com/api-doc...hipping-method Such integration will require advanced programming skills and knowledge. If you need help with it, you can send a request to our Customisation team who do such work on a paid basis, here is the link to the form where you can send a request: https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv

If you get any other questions, feel free to write back. We are glad to help.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:47 PM

Ecwid's table-based shipping doesn't work for DHL because the vast majority of DHL shipments end up being billed by volumetric weight, i.e. the package's dimensions, rather than its weight, which is what ecwid bases its tables on. For this to have any chance of being workable you'd need to add a lookup by package volume (and add dimensions to the catalog items' parameter list).

Zones don't work because DHL charges surcharges for delivery to "remote locations" which are impossible to predict in advance.

Asking your customers to write interfaces between your and the carrier's APIs is like Apple selling you a laptop and touting how great it is, but you have to write your own OS.

In the shipping setup page, ecwid says "Receive shipping costs from the major shipping carrier companies (UPS, USPS, FedEx, Canada Post, Australia Post, EMS Russian Post). In my book DHL is a "major shipping company". A heck of a lot more major than EMS Russian Post, anyway.

Ecwid should stop dodging this issue, bite the bullet, and implement DHL carrier-calculated rate integration. We are not programmers, YOU are.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:48 PM

Default unskilled staff or...

unhelpful boilerplate replies from Ecwid staff to every DHL post telling us to do custom tables is not a 'workaround.' it is hot air. Asking a programmer to do custom work is also not a workaround, I have seen some call functions written in Javascript that are very lengthy and I would expect a programmer to not have a 'one time fee' but more of a legacy type payment system for continued support. Kind of like.. ECWID! Also what if we pay out a $1k to a programmer, and then Ecwid launches DHL support 6 months later by surprise...
Old 01-25-2017, 06:39 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Clara here, Ecwid Customer Care team.

I am very sorry for the impression that you have about Ecwid and its support.

We are working on making Ecwid better and better and add new features constantly, for example, we have recently added product dimensions for more precise shipping calculation, which was much required and anticipated.

As for developing an integration with DHL for all of our customers, it will be several times more expensive than developing an integration for a single store or even an app for our App Market as it is completely different and much more complex. So it is just not possible that the custom integration is used for adding DHL for all Ecwid users and your money is lost.

Please note that you can have an app for DHL developped. You can upload it to our App Market, make it paid and earn money on it. Please check here for more details about creating your own app for Ecwid: https://developers.ecwid.com/

And here is the link to our shipping API documentation: https://developers.ecwid.com/api-doc...hipping-method

Please let us know if you need any further help, we will be happy to answer your questions.

Thank you!

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:46 PM

Personally I prefer W2C Carriers as far as general customs is concerned.

Tags
dhl, shipping