Old 11-29-2017, 05:52 PM

Code places Pink Box on my Site

I have my own site that I am trying to sell a few items -

http://www.iowastatepen.com/products/products.html

The code from the Ecwid site places a pink box on the store front and I cannot get rid of it or change it.

How do I get rid of the box?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ecwidissue.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	3814  
Old 12-06-2017, 04:42 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

I am Freya, from Ecwid Customer Care Team. Let me please explain the nature of the box on your screenshot and the way to discard that.

To define the things first, the pink box you found on your storefront displayed, in fact, a category named "Products" you had in your store.

In Ecwid, you can set up various categories, and assign your products to them, so that all of them are cataloged. As you arrange products in there, your customers can easily navigate to find the product needed. The categories are shown in your storefront in a grid view, prior to other unassigned products. All categories are created in your Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog > Categories:
]

When creating a category for your products, you are welcome to upload a category image, which may describe the category contents and product type. For instance, you have now a 'Shop Now!' category, and the uploaded image shows the products in it:

Yet, when no image is attached to a product category, a colored gradient square is shown instead of that. This is done in order to:
  • define the category place in the grid
  • organize it in the same row with the other categories with images
  • make the image space visible and clickable for customers

The square color is defined in a random order. As your "Products" category had no image, it resulted in showing the pink square box instead of that.

To change that, simply set the desired image for your category. To set the category image, please:
  1. Go to your Ecwid Control Panel
  2. Navigate to Catalog > Categories
  3. Create a category, or pick up the one for which you want to add the image
  4. Go to the "Upload/change category image" field and click "Choose image"
  5. That's it! Now the image will appear for this particular category in your storefront. you may delete or change it anytime.

Hope this helps.
Please do not hesitate to ask for assistance, if more questions appear. The Ecwid team is always happy to help you!

Ecwid Customer Care Team

Recover Abandoned Carts to Earn 12% More Sales !