Old 05-12-2017, 04:50 PM

New Customer Sign Up Not Working

Hello, I am testing my new store locally before going live with it and I am having trouble with the sign in feature.

I receive the sign up email, but the sign up button in the email does not work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	signInEcwid.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	3712  
The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Waller1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2017, 09:35 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Waller1 View Post
Hello, I am testing my new store locally before going live with it and I am having trouble with the sign in feature.

I receive the sign up email, but the sign up button in the email does not work.
Greetings Rob,

This is Stacy from Ecwid Customer Care team.

Thank you for posting your message here on the forums!

I'm sorry you faced an issue during the testing. I'd be happy to help you rectify it.

I inspected your account (Store ID 11521193) settings carefully and the provided screenshot, and found out the cause of the problem. Let me explain this to you in details.

Basically, the URL that is sent to your merchants after the registration on your store is generated automatically. This link is based on the Store location URL which is set up in your Ecwid control panel > Settings > General > Store profile page. This URL should point to the exact page with your Ecwid store. See more details about it here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...7075-Store-URL

As I can see, you have this URL in this field now:

Code:
http://www.14-10.com/store.html

I opened this link and could not allocate your Ecwid store, sorry. I could see '404' error message (i.e. 'Page not found' error). Here is a screenshot: http://take.ms/KHxO8

To fix the issue you should set up the proper URL to the Store location field.

I hope this helps. Please, do let me know if it works for you. Thanks in advance!

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stacy_P For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2017, 04:04 PM

Hello and thank you for your response.

I now have the sign in working, but I am a little thrown off by how it operates. So even if it is a returning customer, the customer will enter their email address and then receive an email with a link that logs them in and they do not create a password or anything?

I have another Ecwid account for a company I work with and the sign in feature works more traditionally where the customer just enters their password. Is it possible to switch to that version of customer account sign in?
The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Waller1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2017, 01:20 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Waller1 View Post
Hello and thank you for your response.

I now have the sign in working, but I am a little thrown off by how it operates. So even if it is a returning customer, the customer will enter their email address and then receive an email with a link that logs them in and they do not create a password or anything?

I have another Ecwid account for a company I work with and the sign in feature works more traditionally where the customer just enters their password. Is it possible to switch to that version of customer account sign in?
Thank you for getting back to me!

The thing is, the new feature (Sign-in by link for customers and Order History improvements) lets your customers securely sign into the store without a password by a link and access their order history even if they didn't register an account. Moreover, all customers without an account and their order history are added to your Customers list automatically.

If you want to use the previous login structure you can disable the new one in your Ecwid control panel > Settings > What's new section.

I hope this helps.

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stacy_P For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2017, 06:48 PM

Hello.

I currently have the new way for customer to register (by a link) and i prefer the old way ^^" . So I wanted to put it back by following your link but it sent me to a page with no settings, just telling me i'm up to date. How can I switch the registration way ?
The Following User Says Thank You to deozza For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2017, 07:27 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hello.

I currently have the new way for customer to register (by a link) and i prefer the old way ^^" . So I wanted to put it back by following your link but it sent me to a page with no settings, just telling me i'm up to date. How can I switch the registration way ?
Hi there,

Edward here, Ecwid Team.

By default, the sign-in by link option is enabled for all new accounts automatically.

As per your request, I've changed the settings of your account, so you are able to enable/disable the feature in your Ecwid control panel > Settings > What's new section.

I hope this will help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Edward M. For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 01:40 AM

Hi Edward,

I was wondering if you could also revert my account to the old sign in layout as well??
Regards,
Andrew
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Owen1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2018, 05:03 PM

Hi, I have the basic starter site for the moment as I am new to e-commerce. I don't see any Sign up button for customers on my site? Or is it only available for the Paid Plans?

Thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to Adrienne F1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2018, 10:57 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi Adrienne,

Alexandra with Ecwid team is here, thank you for reaching us out!

The Sign In button can be found below your products, next to "Track Orders" and "Shopping Bag". Please see a screenshot below:

By the way, I'd also recommend you to take a look at one of our guides on the matter: How my customers can log in to their accounts?

Hope it helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to Scully For This Useful Post: