The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 05-04-2015, 02:56 PM

MULTI CURRENCY - WIX - ECWID

Goodday,

what is the best solution to work with Multi Currency.

I am currently selling in Europe, want te expand my business to :

England (Pound)

USA ( US Dollar)

whats the best way to add multi currency to my ECWID store.

USE MULTI ECWID STORES?

or?

Thank you.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bioherby View Post
Goodday,

what is the best solution to work with Multi Currency.

I am currently selling in Europe, want te expand my business to :

England (Pound)

USA ( US Dollar)

whats the best way to add multi currency to my ECWID store.

USE MULTI ECWID STORES?

or?

Thank you.
Hi,

As you know, at the moment Ecwid doesn't have multi-currency payments or built-in multi-currency converter. Nonetheless, you can show the prices in other currency with a 3rd-party tool—Dynamic Converter.

Please mind that the tool only converts the prices on your storefront so that your customers could see them in their currency. The payments would still be made in the main currency that set in your store. Anyway, I think it's pretty cool to get an idea of costs before the actual purchase.

In case you want to charge your customers in needed currency, you should create several storefronts with different currencies (Ecwid control panel > System Settings > General > Formats & Units). To do so you need to create several Ecwid accounts with different currencies in them.

If there are any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be glad to help!

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyril D For This Useful Post:
Raquel Rodriguez (08-12-2015)
Old 05-04-2015, 09:22 PM

I want to buy a subscribtion on Ecwid. however i use 3 different ecwid stores for 3 currency's (US Dollar, Pound and Euro).

I should now buy 3 different subscribions? that i cannot afford.

kind regards peter david. www.bioherby.com

Hi

thanx for the fast reply!

I personally think the converter is not the best option for alot of costumers.

To use more than 1 account, this looks like a fine idea.

What if i want to support ECWID and take a membership? (or use more than 10products in 1shop lol), I can buy 1 membership/venture for my 3 same but different currency shops?

or do you expect me to buy 3 (dollar,pound,euro) memberships/ventures.(autch!)

My shop is expanding, we gonna sell around 20 products, i can spare a 15 dollars a month for ecwd sure, but 45 is a little much.(right now.)

thanks!

peter david.

Last edited by Kirill Dvoryanskov; 05-05-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bioherby View Post
Hi

thanx for the fast reply!

I personally think the converter is not the best option for alot of costumers.

To use more than 1 account, this looks like a fine idea.

What if i want to support ECWID and take a membership? (or use more than 10products in 1shop lol), I can buy 1 membership/venture for my 3 same but different currency shops?

or do you expect me to buy 3 (dollar,pound,euro) memberships/ventures.(autch!)

My shop is expanding, we gonna sell around 20 products, i can spare a 15 dollars a month for ecwd sure, but 45 is a little much.(right now.)

thanks!

peter david.
Hi Peter,

Thank you for adding details!

Well, the converter is just an option. The good thing about options, you can choose it or not.

Saying about different stores for different currencies, at the moment, one Ecwid store means one Ecwid account. So, in order to get three stores you should register three accounts.

I understand that when you have three Ecwid accounts with the free plan, it's not a big deal and things are changed when you need, e.g., accounts subscribed to the Venture plan. Unfortunately, for now it's the only way to get Ecwid stores with different currencies.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask, if there are any questions.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyril D For This Useful Post:
BIOHERBY (05-04-2015)
Old 08-12-2015, 12:22 PM

Hi, I'm currently using the Currency Converter app for Ecwid, because that one was the only simple one I found listed on the Ecwid site of recommended apps. Dynamic Converter looks interesting to me. I'd like something very clean and simple for my site. Currency Converter is a little bulky. I had been searching for tips to customize it i.e. only show the flag and currency abbreviation rather than the long typed out name. For example, only "EUR" rather than "Euro Member Countries (EUR)". Also the converted amounts, the text show up much smaller than the price and are difficult to read.

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated. How to make those changes or if you think Dynamic Converter is a better choice.
Thanks,
Raquel
Old 08-13-2015, 12:09 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquel Rodriguez View Post
Hi, I'm currently using the Currency Converter app for Ecwid, because that one was the only simple one I found listed on the Ecwid site of recommended apps. Dynamic Converter looks interesting to me. I'd like something very clean and simple for my site. Currency Converter is a little bulky. I had been searching for tips to customize it i.e. only show the flag and currency abbreviation rather than the long typed out name. For example, only "EUR" rather than "Euro Member Countries (EUR)". Also the converted amounts, the text show up much smaller than the price and are difficult to read.

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated. How to make those changes or if you think Dynamic Converter is a better choice.
Thanks,
Raquel
Hello,

thank you for getting in touch with us.

Regarding the font size of converted amounts - you can easily change it using CSS. Just place this code in your active Custom CSS theme in Ecwid Control Panel> Settings > Design:

Code:
.simcase-Currency-Span {
    font-size: 1.7em;
}
Change 1.7em to the value you would like to use. Do not forget to save changes.

Regarding the view of currencies names: the thing is that the Currency Converter application is a third-party application, developed by another company. If you need help with this application or have some suggestions, you can get them directly by email.

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sergio87 For This Useful Post:
Raquel Rodriguez (08-13-2015)
Old 08-13-2015, 12:12 PM

Thanks for the help.
Do you have any feedback or opinion on the two converters? Dynamic vs Currency?
Old 08-13-2015, 12:39 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Thanks for the help.
Do you have any feedback or opinion on the two converters? Dynamic vs Currency?
Well, in fact both are great.

It depends on many factors what converter to choose. For example if you are familiar with coding and would like converter to be shown only in one storefront and not in another, if you do not use Ecwid Starter Site - you choice is Dynamic Converter.

If you utilize Starter Site, not a programmer and have never worked with coding, if you would like converter to be placed on all your storefronts at once and manage all converter settings right from Ecwid Control Panel - choose Currency Converter.

And many many more... So there is no one decision for all Ecwid store merchants. Everybody is able to choose that converter they like.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sergio87 For This Useful Post:
Raquel Rodriguez (08-13-2015)
Old 08-13-2015, 08:35 PM

Quote:

Thanks,
Raquel
Hello!
We are developers of the Currency Converter App.
We will add customization of the currency names length in select list soon.

Thank you for your feedback! If you have any questions or suggestions, leave them here, or send to contact@simcase.ru
We want to make this App very convenient for Ecwid store's owners and we will respect your suggestions!

Last edited by Kirill Svyatov; 08-13-2015 at 08:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kirill Svyatov For This Useful Post:
Elegance Reef (08-14-2015)

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.