The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:49 AM

ecwid in physical store as POS

We would like to use ecwid as the point of sale in our physical store. The store has a fairly limited item list (100 items). The desire is to have inventory managed in one way. I fiigure that the cash on delivery payment method can be made to work for receiving cash in payment. Questions are:
1--is there a better way to use a POS that will integrate the inventory count with the e-commerce inventory management of ecwid? I know quickbooks integrates but , I believe, that would not do inventory management.
2--one thing we do is sell "kits" made from parts also carried in stock.. for a simple example we have pens which we sell as pens, and we have paper that we sell, and we have paper clips we sell, each sold by themselves. Id like to be able to form kits so that when i sell the kit, 2-pens, one pad of paper, a box of paperclips all are taken out of inventory and the kit (or bundle) has a price unrelated to the sum of components? In real life we take the parts off the shelf from the inventory and put it all in bag and have a new part number/sku and that increases by one. In reality there may be a dozen individual components.
3-- our current store is at www.wovendesigns.com --click on kits on the left to get the idea
Old 07-18-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by art kleinrath1 View Post
We would like to use ecwid as the point of sale in our physical store. The store has a fairly limited item list (100 items). The desire is to have inventory managed in one way. I fiigure that the cash on delivery payment method can be made to work for receiving cash in payment. Questions are:
1--is there a better way to use a POS that will integrate the inventory count with the e-commerce inventory management of ecwid? I know quickbooks integrates but , I believe, that would not do inventory management.
2--one thing we do is sell "kits" made from parts also carried in stock.. for a simple example we have pens which we sell as pens, and we have paper that we sell, and we have paper clips we sell, each sold by themselves. Id like to be able to form kits so that when i sell the kit, 2-pens, one pad of paper, a box of paperclips all are taken out of inventory and the kit (or bundle) has a price unrelated to the sum of components? In real life we take the parts off the shelf from the inventory and put it all in bag and have a new part number/sku and that increases by one. In reality there may be a dozen individual components.
3-- our current store is at www.wovendesigns.com --click on kits on the left to get the idea
Hello Art,
Thank you for using Ecwid.
I’ll be very glad to help you with extending your online-business.

Let’s divide your question on two parts.

Ecwid and POS
One of the most remarkable Ecwid feature is that at the same time you can have your store on the website, in Facebook and use it as POS at your physical store. Everything will be synchronized automatically.

There’re three ways how you can use Ecwid to manage your offline store.
1. You can integrate Ecwid with a POS that you already use by Ecwid API.
Using this method you’ll be able to transfer data about orders and products from your POS to Ecwid and vice versa.
Here you can find detailed information about our API: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...es/1163906-api

2. You can use Ecwid storefront to create orders like a customer.
To use this feature you should create an offline payment method at your Ecwid Control Panel.
After that you’ll be able to manage your sales simply by “buying” items from your store on behalf of customer. An order will be placed at your control panel, and item quantity will be reduced.
This method also gives you the ability to enter information about your customers that may be helpful in the future.

3. As an addition to the second method you can use Ecwid App for iOS (iPhone and iPad compatible) to create orders from the mobile device. You can extend this functionality and not only create orders but also charge payments using PayPal Here.
PayPal Here is the easiest way to synchronize the work of your online and offline store.
This is a device created by PayPal which allows you to charge payments with your mobile device.
You can learn more about using PayPal Here with Ecwid on this page: http://www.ecwid.com/paypal-here

Selling kits
Generally, Ecwid has no this feature “out-of-box”. But there’s a simple workaround - to sell kits as separate products.

For your example you should create four products: “Paper”, “Pen”, “Paperclips” and “Kit” (it will be your bundle consisting of paper, pen and paperclip). The Kit will have its own price and SKU.

You will need to organize somehow inventory tracking of the items included into the Kit, since once someone buys a kit, quantity of paper, pen and paperclips (as separate products) won’t be reduced.
It won’t be a question, if you have Kits as separate products in your inventory with its own SKU, etc.
If, however, you need to change inventory of paper, pen and paperclip each time when the kit is sold, there’re two solutions.

1. To manually edit quantity of products included to the Kit after every order.
You can do it anytime from your control panel here: Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog > Products > your product > Stock Control

2. To automate this with help of Ecwid APIs.

You could to create a script that will work like this:
1. Somebody buys a Kit, which includes paper, pens and paperclips.
2. Order information (SKU, quantity) goes to your script through Order API
3. Script recognizes that this SKU is bundled with three products: “paper”, “pen”, “paperclips”
4. Script sends command to decrease quantity for these products through Product API

This way you can automate this process and make it comfortable and transparent.
Here you can find detailed information about Ecwid API: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...es/1163906-api
If you need professional help with this development, we can recommend Qualiteam company who offers custom development services for Ecwid.
Or this user whose company has been working with Ecwid APIs for long time: http://www.ecwid.com/forums/member.php?u=29346

Will be glad to help you with your further questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Belostotsky For This Useful Post:
Wendy (03-22-2015)
Old 09-24-2014, 04:12 PM

One more thing, If I use "pay pall here" to use ECWID as a POS(Point of Sale) at a physical store, will the buyer (or me) have to fill in all the information (address, etc) as if it was on the web? or can I have a generic customer whose credentials do not match the credit card (such as the 3 digit security code or the 5 character zipcode ) . I am in USA, so only speaking of the cards issued in USA.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:20 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi All

If you are still interested in POS integration with Ecwid please have a look at http://www.ecwid.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31817

Thank you.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:42 PM

Can I apply coupon code (or promotion code) using Ecwid App for iOS (iPhone and iPad compatible)?
Old 03-16-2015, 11:05 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung-Li Deng View Post
Can I apply coupon code (or promotion code) using Ecwid App for iOS (iPhone and iPad compatible)?
Hello!

Thank you for the question.

Unfortunately there is no such feature in our iOS application that could let you apply coupon codes on your device. However we continue improving our application so perhaps we will add such feature there.

I suggest you create this idea in our ideas base here http://ideas.ecwid.com/ and if it gets enough votes we will implement it in future.

Hope this helps. If any questions appear - please do not hesitate to ask. We are very glad to help you.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Tags
bundles, kits, point of sale software, pos