The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:13 PM

Not receiving admin notifications via email

Deleted

Last edited by Puzzlemore; 08-06-2013 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Delete thread
Old 08-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.
I've checked our log files. As far as I can see, the email notifications for this order were successfully sent to the store admin and to the customer. The reason why you haven’t received the notification is most likely caused by one of the following things:
1) Spam filters on either your email servers or the application you use to check your email.
2) Your mail server misconfiguration. Please contact your hosting support to check this.

I suppose you’ve already figured out the reason though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liza P For This Useful Post:
Puzzlemore (08-06-2013)
Old 08-06-2013, 02:04 PM

You are correct that the cause is the spam filter. I deleted the original message when I realized this. However, ecwid should be concerned that their emails are now generating a higher number than before. In my case, the C-Panel Mailscanner which rates email between 0 and 20, with below 5 as not spam, is now rating ecwid notifications as 5.9. I do not know the cause of this change in rating, but I can tell you that it is not because of any changes I have made (since I haven't made any). I am more concerned that my customer's notifications are being delivered as spam.

I would recommend that the ecwid team investigate the reason your rating has changed. This is beyond my abilities as a user.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzlemore View Post
You are correct that the cause is the spam filter. I deleted the original message when I realized this. However, ecwid should be concerned that their emails are now generating a higher number than before. In my case, the C-Panel Mailscanner which rates email between 0 and 20, with below 5 as not spam, is now rating ecwid notifications as 5.9. I do not know the cause of this change in rating, but I can tell you that it is not because of any changes I have made (since I haven't made any). I am more concerned that my customer's notifications are being delivered as spam.

I would recommend that the ecwid team investigate the reason your rating has changed. This is beyond my abilities as a user.
Hello,

Thank you for your report and for the provided details. I've reported the issue to our engineers. We will keep you updated of our progress.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:48 PM

I am having the same problem.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:29 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.U. Ball View Post
I am having the same problem.
Hello,

I have checked our mail servers, and as far as I can see the emails are not delivered to your email address, because they've been marked as spam.

After several unsuccessful attempts to deliver the emails to your address our mail server refused to send more emails and temporarily put your address on a rejection list.

You need to check your spam filters and allow the notifications from Ecwid. After you do this we will remove your address from the rejection list and you will start receiving the notifications again.

Please, let me know when you make the necessary adjustments.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:22 PM

Hi,

We seem to be having the same issue as of 28th July ... prior to that order notification was coming through fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Old 08-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athenian Grocery View Post
Hi,

We seem to be having the same issue as of 28th July ... prior to that order notification was coming through fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Hello,

I have checked our database and as far as I can see the notifications are being delivered to your email address fine, please, check your inbox.

If the issue persists, please detail which notifications exactly you are not receiving, I will check it and provide you with a solution.

The information in this thread might be outdated
If the solution did not help, please, check our Help Portal or contact Ecwid Team.