Old 09-27-2017, 07:29 PM

Default Specific Shipping method for each product

How can we help you?

Please provide the link to your storefront https://watki127.wixsite.com/x-tec/products

Hello,

I am trying to sell two different products on my website and need help setting up the shipping method specific to each product.

The first product I have already configured the shipping for (fender flares) however now that I have added a new product to my page (truck grill) the truck grill shipping settings are showing on the fender flare products options.

The truck grill shipping method is free shipping to the continental United States and areas outlying this area will be standard shipping fees.

What I need help on is how can I specify the shipping methods to each product, I don't seem to see this option anywhere.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Watkins View Post
How can we help you?

Please provide the link to your storefront https://watki127.wixsite.com/x-tec/products

Hello,

I am trying to sell two different products on my website and need help setting up the shipping method specific to each product.

The first product I have already configured the shipping for (fender flares) however now that I have added a new product to my page (truck grill) the truck grill shipping settings are showing on the fender flare products options.

The truck grill shipping method is free shipping to the continental United States and areas outlying this area will be standard shipping fees.

What I need help on is how can I specify the shipping methods to each product, I don't seem to see this option anywhere.
Hi,

It’s Daria from Ecwid Customer Care team.

Shipping methods which you set up in Settings > Shipping are applicable to all products in your store. We consider adding the feature to assign shipping methods to certain products. There is no ETA on this, but I've added you to the list of users waiting for this feature. When there is an update, we'll email you.

At the moment, here is how you can achieve different shipping rates for products with inbuilt tools:

1. Use a custom table.
You can set a completely different weight of products, e.g. some products would weight 0.1 kg and other — 10 kg. Then create shipping rates based on the order weight. Here is how: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...ng#Customtable

2. Use 'Global rates + fixed rate per item' setting.
If you want to keep using FedEx method, increase the shipping rates for certain products using this setting. The fee which you set up for a product will be added to the fee calculated by FedEx. Learn more about it here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...ingfreightnbsp

If you have any other questions, feel free to write back. We are always glad to help.

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:01 PM

Please add me to the list of users waiting for the per-product-shipping feature. I am using a mix of the pricing table and inflated pricing with free shipping which is nonideal...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cruzerDave For This Useful Post:
Charlie H. (10-09-2017), Travis Watkins (10-08-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 01:51 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzerDave View Post
Please add me to the list of users waiting for the per-product-shipping feature. I am using a mix of the pricing table and inflated pricing with free shipping which is nonideal...
Hello,

This is Charlie, Ecwid team.

You have been added to the list!

We will notify all merchants, that are interested in this feature, once it's released.

Thank you!
Old 11-02-2017, 08:17 PM

add me as well, please
Old 11-05-2017, 05:07 PM

add me as well, please
Old 11-08-2017, 11:43 AM
Ecwid Team

Hello Stephen and Deno,

We will post the update here, on the forum thread when the feature is released and you will get an email notification about that.

Thank you!

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.