View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 11:21 AM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann McGee View Post
I will give that a try.

However, it seems quite a process/workaround. Perhaps it's time Ecwid found a way to enable a "wholesale" or "special products" substore. From the comments I've read, it seems there are a lot of us who would be ecstatic if this were provided to us. Remember, we chose Ecwid for the ease of use it provides to us non-techie people.
Hi Ann,

thanks a lot for your feedback, we'll forward it to our Product management team. We are constantly improving Ecwid and we always take customers’ opinion into account, it helps us to deliver a better product.

I checked your account and as I see you added Ecwid store to Wix website. In this case I suggest considering the following workaround:

First of all, you should create a hidden category for your wholesale customers as described in the previous post, which will include special prices for them. Please, see how to create hidden categories in this article: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...and-categories After that you need to place that category on a separate page.

Our official application for Wix allows installing only one store on a website. Here is how you can display store categories (wholesale and other customers) on separate pages and make the wholesale category password protected:

- Create a new password protected page. See instructions in Wix Help Center here https://support.wix.com/en/article/p...-specific-page

- On this page create a button and link it to your wholesale category. Here you should put a direct link to your category.

So, it will work in your store the following way: customers go to that page and they have to enter the password. After they enter the password, they can click the button and see the store.You should create a button within a page because you cannot use the application to add a store category to a separate page.

I hope this will help. Please, let me know should any further questions arise.
Ecwid Knowlegde Base