Thread: Date Picker
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben Jackson View Post
I notice this has been added to the ideas section and has votes.
But as a quick improvement to the current date picker, would it be possible to make the date selector default to no date rather than todays date, this way customers would have to select their delivery date before proceeding to checkout.

I have set date picker as a required option in my product options but this does not work (i.e customers are not prompted to select a date) because the date picker always has a date selected as it defaults to the current date. This should be blank as default.
Thank you very much for the update.

I'm sorry, unfortunately there is no such feature in Ecwid yet, to set a default value for your date picker option. But you can express your opinion within the related idea's discussion. Your opinion is the great values for us.

As a workaround, you can try to request the delivery date information from your customers.

Ecwid has a tool that allows you to ask the customer for additional information during checkout. You can enable this feature in your control panel (System → General → Cart → Order Comments) and allow your customers to write notes and add specific information to their orders. After orders are placed they will display as notes in the backend.

This feature can be used to collect any specific information or considerations that your customers would like to attach to an order. Particularly, they can put there preferred delivery time (as a plain text).

Also, please refer to the following article: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...from-customers

Please, let us know if you have any questions.