View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryn Casey View Post
I don't want the viewer to be able to click on it, just read it and have the reviews nestled in amongst the products. this is at the clients request.
No, I am afraid there is no such built-in functionality in Ecwid. As a workaround, you can consider switching the availability for those special products to 'Out of stock' - this way they won't be available for purchase. If you want to hide prices for such products across the store, you will need to create a script on your site that will automatically detect those products on the current page and change their layout (hide prices etc).

Also, as I suggested in my previous message, since those special products are not in fact products, you can create separate pages on your site for them - I mean they are not supposed to be sold and they are not part of the inventory. Thus it would be much easier to create a couple of extra pages on your site and place texts and some reviews modules there.

Quote:
So I'm guessing that the productID number only works on the product page and not the categoryPage?
Right.

Quote:
I saw a piece of script that works off the 0.00 but it didn't work for me. Is there a if product # is 000000 then don't show title or price?
Products SKUs must be unique in Ecwid, so, I am afraid, it won't be possible to assign 00 SKUs to several products. It's better to make them out of stock for identifying.

Ecwid Guide for Beginners

Ecwid Help Center

Ecwid video tutorials