View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Palumbo1 View Post
Thank you very much! Not what I was hoping to hear but if it was easy, everyone would do it. I have someone to help me with code, so hopefully this isn't an issue.

Now, a follow up question about ECWID that may save me some coding from the above. My site is built with multiple places to buy throughout the site. So, for example, if you are in our Faceted Browse, you can see a list of titles with images but under each one is "add to cart" or "read". This same layout of "add to cart" or "read" is throughout the site to promote purchase. Here is a mock-up image to help as an example:

Since we will be setting up the above, does the ECWID widget have to be placed on a page which basically loads a store (which then needs a store front) or can I insert the widget inside the global code so that anywhere there is a "add to cart", the ECWID code triggers and adds the item to cart?

This would save me a TON of time, as I would no longer need an actual store page and could use the site itself to its full potential without needing another page as a marketplace.

(If you want me to open this as another thread, just let me know and I'll do so).

Thank you!
Jeff
Hmm, if I understood you correctly, this could be easily done. Yet, just to make sure we're on the same page here, allow me to start from the beginning.

If you'd like to use custom product pages, instead the ones that come as part of product browser widget, it's totally possible too - with the use of our single product widget you can embed a product on any page of your website.

Basically, it's just embeddable "Add to cart" button, pressing which results in adding this item exact item to shopping cart (optionally, you could also add product image, description, qty, etc), and you can embed as many of those per page as you want.
Single product widget is good in case you prefer to keep custom pages, and it indeed doesn't require product browser to be on the same page. In case a product is added, a cart page will open in a popup window with product browser in it, that would allow a customer to proceed with the purchase.

As not everyone finds popup windows comfortable, we have an alternative solution: there's a small tweak, which will make a customer get redirected to the page where the product browser is installed and then the necessary actions will be performed. In this case, product browser still needs to be placed on some page of your website, but you won't have to worry about your clients seeing actual product pages - product browser will be used for checkout only. Please, refer to the following article, if you prefer this approach, it explains the detail: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/porta...ductbrowserurl

The same works for the rest of widgets, that exist on pages that don't contain product browser.

Hope this helps!