View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 10:27 AM
Ecwid Team

Hi,

I'm Edward from Ecwid Team.

Thank you for the reply. I'm glad to hear that PayPal works fine now.

Regarding the status of the order, manually changing the status has never affected the transaction itself. In other words, changing the status of the order to Cancelled or Refunded doesn't refund the transaction to the customer. It's only for the visual purpose and helps you manage your orders.

On the other hand, it's worth to note that if the status changes automatically, it corresponds to the real payment status. For instance, when the status automatically changes to Paid in Ecwid, it means you received the money in your payment account.

The thing is, Ecwid offers a variety of payment methods. However, Ecwid is not involved in payments directly. We neither transfer money to you, nor do we receive it from customers. We rather provide a lot of different payment methods from third-party services (e.g., PayPal).

In other words, you connect your Ecwid store to a payment gateway (payment service) so that your customers can pay for the orders using it. When a customer pays for an order — we transfer the order data to the payment gateway, and the transaction is processed entirely on the payment service side.

As a result, if you want to apply any manual changes to the transactions, it should be done in the payment gateway account. In your case, it's the PayPal account. To cancel or refund the payments, you should do it in your payment account, and then change the status of the order in Ecwid.

The only exception is Ecwid payments powered by WePay. You can refund the payment processed via it in your Ecwid control panel directly.

To learn more about payment statutes in Ecwid, please refer to the following article: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/a...#Paymentstatus

I hope this information is helpful.