View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Mill View Post
Thanks, Ginger! You make a very excellent point!

Perhaps I don't necessarily need a custom email per product, but rather a way to include a link with the product, so customers who purchased that product could access a special page on my site.

For instance, I sell an online retreat on self-compassion and I would love to have customers who have paid be able to click on a special link in the confirmation email to continue the process on a web page on my site. Very similar to the "download link" with a digital product.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for you time and assistance with this, Ginger.

In lovingkindness,
Alex
Hi Alex,

thank you for the clarification. If you need to include an instant link (I mean, it will always be the same for all buyers), you can do the following.

Make the system treat your items as downloadable goods by attaching any file to them in the 'Files' tab. It can be any file, a thank you for ordering note or a promo picture will do.

Edit the 'Download e-Good' email notification template. It contains a special variable that populates the link to the attached file, ${file.url}.

If you edit the line that includes this variable (line 70):

Code:
<a href="${file.url}" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;">${file.name}</a> (<#if file.type?has_content>${file.type}, </#if>${file.size})
to be like:

Code:
<a href="http://example.com" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: none;">Click here to view/a>
you will be able to send a link to your website in each message that is triggered, when a downloadable file is purchased. Remember to replace the example link and text to your own ones. Please, note that in case you need to send different links for different customers or for different files, this workflow won't do.

You may also want to change the default Download eGood email template to better match your needs. Default mail templates can be edited in your Control Panel at page Mail.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.