View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 12:48 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Hey there, I face the same issue. I mistakenly put the wrong email on ecwid but know I have fixed it. What should I do now that it is fixed? The payment is still in awaiting mode. Do I need to cancel this order and send the buyer a bill? Thank you for your help!
Hello,

I'm Alex Flint from Ecwid Customer Care Team.

Quote:
I mistakenly put the wrong email on ecwid but know I have fixed it. What should I do now that it is fixed? The payment is still in awaiting mode. Do I need to cancel this order and send the buyer a bill?
Please, let me explain this behavior.

Ecwid doesn't process payments itself. When you set up an online payment method in your store (that charges customer at the exact time when an order is placed, like PayPal), the transactions are held on the side of a payment gateway you use.

Now, let's see, what happened. When your customer placed the order, your PayPal payment method was set up with typo in email address. So, PayPal charged the customers' credit card and tried to process the transaction to PayPal account with the incorrect email address. Since the transaction was not completed, the money are now held at PayPal side. If the transaction will not be completed, the funds will be automatically refunded to your customer.

Since the transaction is held on PayPal side, the changing of PayPal account email in Ecwid Settings won't affect the destination of the transaction, because it was already issued by PayPal.

In this case I suggest, that you contact PayPal and explain them the situation. Possibly, they will be able to provide you with any idea of how to transfer the money to the correct PayPal account.

Also, you can ask your customer to replace the order when the funds will be returned to his/her bank account.

Hope I made this clear for you. Feel free to ask questions in case you have any.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex Flint For This Useful Post:
Давыдов Дмитрий (01-09-2018), EcwidEm (11-02-2017)