View Single Post
  #2  
Old 03-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Liza P's Avatar
Liza P Liza P is offline
Ecwid Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleaning Supply Network View Post
Hi. I am trying to test how Ecwid works. I have created two test products on my Ecwid in order to add "variations" or "variations" to my products. However, the option was greyed out. I need to know why this is.

More importantly, though, my company has a great deal of products, many of which have have SIZE variations. The prices will differ per product, even though there are similar sizes. For example, if I am selling "Chemical ABC," I will have a 1 gallon container, a 5 gallon container, and a 55 gallon container. Chemical ABC's prices will be as follows: 1 gallon - $13.99, 5 gallon- $32.99, and 55 gallon - $57.99. "Chemical 123" will have the same sizes as "Chemical ABC," but the prices will be different: 1 gallon - $ 6.89, 5 gallon - $23.48, 55 gallon - $32.99.

So, how do I set up these variations/variations in Ecwid?

Note: I am using the BUSINESS plan.

If possible, I would like to use the CSV format to upload a vast majority of my products since there are so many of them.

Please help.



Hello,

Quote:
Hi. I am trying to test how Ecwid works. I have created two test products on my Ecwid in order to add "variations" or "variations" to my products. However, the option was greyed out. I need to know why this is.

The product variations feature allows to combine different options of the same product. So, to use this feature you need to add different options to your products.This can be done on the Catalog -> Product -> Product details page on your control panel.

Quote:
More importantly, though, my company has a great deal of products, many of which have have SIZE variations. The prices will differ per product, even though there are similar sizes. For example, if I am selling "Chemical ABC," I will have a 1 gallon container, a 5 gallon container, and a 55 gallon container. Chemical ABC's prices will be as follows: 1 gallon - $13.99, 5 gallon- $32.99, and 55 gallon - $57.99. "Chemical 123" will have the same sizes as "Chemical ABC," but the prices will be different: 1 gallon - $ 6.89, 5 gallon - $23.48, 55 gallon - $32.99.

So, how do I set up these variations/variations in Ecwid?
You can apply variations to your products on the Catalog -> Product -> Product details page on your control panel. You can combine your product options in a number of different ways and set up different prices, SKUs, quantity, images and stock notifications for those variations.
In the following articles you will find the detailed information about setting up Product Options and Product Variations to suit your business the best way possible: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853269/...our%20products
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/40532454/...20Combinations


Quote:
If possible, I would like to use the CSV format to upload a vast majority of my products since there are so many of them.
Please help.
It is totally possible to upload products to your store using CSV. Please, refer to these article for details: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/61320633/...ing%20products
http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/26373353/Import-Export
__________________
Liza P.
Customer Care
Ecwid Help Portal