View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 03:05 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi there,

I'm Alex Flint from Ecwid Team.

Quote:
Within a category, allow the category to be set for which customer groups can view it, and which price should be shown, wholesaler or retail. This way a single product listing can be placed in a retail category and they also category with a different unique price and appropriate price applied. Of course a category marked for wholesale customers group should not show up in search results of retail customers and retail product should not show up in search of someone in wholesale customer group.
Thanks for providing us with the idea. We are constantly working on improving Ecwid and we really appreciate your feedback because it helps us make Ecwid better.

I will pass your idea to our Product Team, and we'll think on how we can make it easier to handle a single Ecwid store for both retail and wholesale customers.

Quote:
So we just need a little App that can synchronize product data between two stores maybe based on a tag.
I'd like to let you know, that it's possible to ease the process of managing similar products when you have several Ecwid stores.

You can transfer the changes that you made to products in your store to another one with the help of the Import/Export feature. This option is based on the property that when the importing tool sees the SKU that already exists in your store, it updates current information of the product with this SKU with imported one.

So, let's assume, that you have two Ecwid stores with the same products. Here's how I see this workflow:

1. You set the same SKU for the same products in both Ecwid stores.
2. Once you've updated the products data in one of your Ecwid stores, export your products into a CSV file in your Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog > Products > Export All

3. Open the CSV file you created in a spreadsheet editor (e.g. OpenOffice Calc, Google Docs) and delete the rows, containing products that are not presented in the second store.

4. Log into your second Ecwid store, and import the CSV file you created in Catalog >
Products > Import Products

That's it. When the import will be finished, your products data in the second store will be up to date with one in your first store. You can learn more about this feature in our article on Importing Products

Also, I'd like to remind you that it is possible to create a custom product management tool for the purpose of synchronizing product data between two Ecwid stores by a custom application based on our API (https://developers.ecwid.com/api-documentation/).

If you want our Customization Team to implement such a tool for you, you can fill this form — https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv and they'll contact you to discuss the details.

Hope I was helpful.