View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 07:07 PM
Ecwid Team

Hi!

Alexandra with Ecwid team here. We are incredibly sorry for the radio silence. Please, let me address your question.

Quote:
Is there not a way to eliminate a product from a certain root category from the search option versus having to do this for every product?
I am sorry, there's no way to erase all products in the category from search results with a single CSS code. The search widget doesn't recognize the category ID when it comes to CSS changes to certain products.

I understand that this process seems to be quite time-consuming, however, to my regret, there's no other built-in way to achieve it.

Although, as Edward mentioned in his previous post, you can create a custom search widget specifically for your store with the help of our API. Basically, anyone can develop a custom solution for your store if they have enough programming knowledge—you can do it by yourself, hire a developer, ask a friend, hire our team or anyone you want, it's totally up to you.

If you would like our team to help you with that, please fill in the form and they will get back to you with the details and quote shortly.

This way, the widget will function by the rules you set yourself.

Hope this helps!