View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiki-fuda.com View Post
Kess

That's very close to what I wanted.

Of course, this made me want to make a few more adjustments, so I've adjusted the sizes of the category images hoping that I could get the layouts on all of the pages of the site to look pleasing. I'm using a TypePad blog with a two column format.

I changed fixed the center column to 500 pixels because that's the maximum size (other than "fluid pixels"). But now my category images appear below the category list on the left side of the page (again). I made this change because if if I set the center column to "fluid pixels," the layouts on all of the other pages of the site end up unbalanced, with way too much text flowing horizontally.

Perhaps there isn't any way for me to optimize this layout any further.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.
What would you say to placing the vertical categories and Minicart icon to the right sidebar?

You should add the codes of Categories and Minicart widgets to the separate widget using the "Embed your own HTML module" at Blogs > Design > Content to add the code to your blog's sidebar. The widget's code can be taken from your store's page code (where you have added them previously), and after you add them to the sidebar you'd better remove these two widgets codes from the store HTML page.

Please try that and let us know if it suits you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kess For This Useful Post:
Hiki-fuda.com (11-23-2012)