View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 06:00 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeddingDreams Bridal View Post
hi i'm trying to get my horizontal category widget to show vertical on my facebook store, also i need the shopping bag in mini view. I've tried everything but nothing seems to be working so I've hidden the mini cart entirely at the momen, which is not what i want to do. please help me with this. maybe I'm applying the css codes incorrectly.
My facebook store url is https://www.facebook.com/BenAndBingley/app_251458316228
Hello,

the process of Ecwid storefront customization on Facebook is a bit different from changing it on personal sites. On Facebook each store is loaded within an Ecwid Application for Facebook. It was specially developed to meet all specific Facebook requirements and make the stores work properly.

Ecwid storefront on Facebook appears in a special iFrame with a fixed width. It would not be simple to place a vertical menu together with a product browser in such a limited space, making them look nice. I can demonstrate you the display of vertical categories and a product browser on a Facebook page. See the screenshot attached. The vertical categories widget and the product browser were embedded by a simple copy-paste of integration codes. You can find them in the dashboard, if necessary.

In case you desperately need to customize your storefront on Facebook, you have to switch from using our official Facebook app to custom html mode and embed the necessary widgets manually. But we strongly recommend you not to do so, as we can’t guarantee a flawless work of your store in case of such changes. A switch to custom html on Facebook is available in application settings.

Adding a shopping bag is much more simple: you need to choose a proper option in FB app settings and the shopping cart will be displayed on your store page. Open the FB application > Settings > Field ‘Your Facebook store layout’ > Option ‘Categories menu widget’ > ‘Show’. The cart will be displayed in normal view. If you choose ‘Hide’, the cart will appear in miniview, like on the second screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-25 17-29-20 2014-09-25 17-31-12.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	2717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ecwid test 2014-09-26 16-39-36 2014-09-26 21-24-59.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	2718  

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.