View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Ecwid Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveOrg View Post
Thanks Ksenia. The reason that I also posted here is because there was a chance that I would get extra help from the community.

You are correct that under these circumstances "rich snippets for Ecwid SPW should not appear in the search results." However, as long as there are any rich snippets for Ecwid SPW on the page, Google will ignore all other product rich snippets since only one is allowed per page. Because of that, it is impossible for page search results to have any details from any of the snippets.

To make matters worse, even when rich snippets for Ecwid SPW are used as intended, they are badly formatted so are not useful at all. See the end of this thread for an explanation from Vitaliy G.

So the only reasonable immediate solution is to use the Ecwid code prior to Snippets being added. I asked for it in my support incident, but was turned down. I do not understand why. Actually, to be fair to your users and to provide them with the flexibility that they need, the tool for creating the code should be restored as an option in the control panel. This way users could choose whether or not to use Ecwid rich snippets.

I tracked down a site that uses the old SPW and used it to create the code that I need so now my site is happily Ecwid rich snippet free. I posted the code and details at the end of the same thread that I mentioned earlier.
Hello Steve,

thank you for your feedback.

I understand now, that by referring to the old code you mean the script that allowed to embed Add to Bag button for a certain product. This was the initial solution developed 4 or 5 years ago for those merchants who wanted to build their own product pages and only use Ecwid Add to Bag buttons. If I'm not mistaken, there also existed a script for embedding the Product Thumbnail:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">xProductThumbnail('productid=xxx'); </script>
There was no function for getting the product price, name or description. The merchants had to add other product details, like product name, price and description themselves.

We implemented the new Single Product Widget with Schema.org markup specifically for embedding more product details, like titles, prices, options, quantity filed and description, automatically. Thus, the merchants do not have to do extra work: first, fill in the product details in Ecwid and then do the same on their website pages where they are willing to embed the product.

This script for embedding Add to Bag button is still working and you can use it, if you want to get rid of Schema.org markup, used in the current Single Product Widget structure. We do not plan to modify the xAddtoBag script and add other product details to it, as we already did so by creating a new Single Product Widget code by means of Schema.org markup.

Help Center

⬇ Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.