View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 12:05 PM
Ecwid Team

Hello!
Anna here, Ecwid team, thank you for the message.

I understand your request. Currently all shipping options set up in your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Shipping & Pickup will be offered as a choice for your customers at checkout, regardless of what products are added to bag. I'm sorry, there is no built-in option that will let you set certain items as "pick-up only" items.
I see your point here, though, and I've already passed your feedback to our Product Management team for review.

Right now, as an alternative, I can suggest the following options:

1) add a note at the product details page for the products that can only be picked up. You can add a note to the Product Description field, for example (in your Catalog > Products > Product details page), or right to the options panel on the product details page, so it looks the following way:

If you'd like to apply this change, you can:

- go to your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Design > "Edit Theme" button
- add the following CSS code to your active custom CSS theme (after all the existing codes). The values in the code (content, font size and color, for example) can be changed to any value you'd like to use.

Code:
.ecwid-productBrowser-ProductPage .ecwid-productBrowser-details-inStockLabel:after {
    display: block;
    content: "Available for pick-up only";
    font-size: 16px;
    color: #5974C1;
    text-decoration: underline;
    padding-top: 10px;
}
- save the changes.

If you do not have a custom CSS theme yet, you can create one by clicking the "Create Theme" options in Settings > Design.

The note will help to inform your customers about the pick-up only option before they add a product to bag.

2) It may be possible to create a custom solution specifically for your request using Ecwid API: https://developers.ecwid.com/api-documentation
Please, note that this is an advanced way of customising your store. If you need technical assistance, you can hire a developer who can do this for you, or you'd like, you can fill out this form: https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv and our Customisation team engineers will be glad to help you develop a solution (if there is any), on a paid basis. Thank you!

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us for help.

Kind regards,

More tips and hints on Ecwid use in our Help Center

Please click Thanks if my reply helped you.