Get Live Chat with Facebook Messenger
The fastest way to add live chat to your Ecwid store, with the world’s #1 messenger app.
56% of shoppers would rather live chat than call customer service
Why You Should Be On Facebook Messenger
1.3 Billion Active Facebook Messenger Users
Sell More With Facebook Ads
What is Facebook Messenger?
Facebook’s Messenger app is a
The Messenger application and website have replaced the
Today, Facebook Messenger has more than 1.5 billion users, and it is used to exchange over 60 million messages between businesses and clients every day.
For many ecommerce brands, integrating Facebook Messenger into their marketing mix is an opportunity to increase brand awareness, improve customer service, and boost sales, especially now that the ability to complete a transaction directly through the app has been introduced.
Messenger allows you to guide your customers through the purchase process, from first contact to payment, without the need for external tools.
How Do I Use Facebook Messenger for Ecommerce?
Around 60 million companies are currently active on Facebook Messenger. However, not all of them use the same approach when it comes to channel management. In most cases, the messaging app is simply used as a passive tool to respond to client customer service requests.
On the other hand, some businesses utilize this tool to start new conversations with potential clients, as well as through sponsored advertisements, which help customers progress through the sales funnel from product discovery all the way to payment.
There are three ways you can connect Messenger to your ecommerce store. Pick one or try out all three and see what works best:
- Connect Messenger to your product catalog
- Add Messenger’s Live Chat to your website
- Add the Buy Now button to your Messenger account
Companies may use Facebook Messenger proactively to recruit new clients by engaging with customers through their own site. This technique is especially powerful if your company doesn’t have a website or isn’t optimized for chat, and you want to utilize Facebook Messenger as a sales channel.
Once you start a customer conversation on messenger, all you have to do is lead the customer toward purchasing your product and answer any question they might have along the way.
Selling on Facebook Messenger: Best Practices
You can impact how your brand responds to incoming consumer messages through Messenger. Take a look at some strategies below to get started.
Provide faster and more meaningful support
The key to great customer service is providing helpful information in response to requests from your consumers. Reducing the time it takes you to respond to their messages, or, even better, giving
Use automated greetings and responses
Sometimes all a client needs to know is that their message was received and assistance is on the way. Instant replies are simple; these days you can use an easy automation tool to inform your customers that you’ve received their request, and when they should expect an
To set Instant responses, open your Facebook company page settings, then go to the Messages tab and select the Response Assistant option.
There you can add a greeting that people will see the first time they open a conversation with you on Messenger. When you get a message, they’ll instantly receive an Instant Reply, Away Message, or link to the Frequently asked questions section of your website.
Learn more about your customers
Facebook Messenger is linked to a customer’s profile page, which means you can scope out the Facebook page of anyone who messages you. This profile can include a wealth of valuable information about who your consumer
Do you Want to Learn More
About Selling on Facebook?
- Sell on Facebook: Blow Up Your Sales With Social Selling
- How to Add Products to Facebook Catalog
- How Does Facebook Work for Small Businesses?
- How Does Facebook Decide Which Posts to Show?
- How to Receive Payments on a Facebook Business Page
- How to Grow a Facebook Business Page for Free
- What to Post on Facebook: 20 Post Ideas for Your Business Page
- How To Fashion a Facebook Cover Photo to Drive Sales
A Step-By-Step Guideto Using Facebook Business Manager
- Instagram and Facebook Tips Told by Small Business Owners
- 7 Strategies to Boost Sales With Facebook Marketing
- How to Sell Products Using Facebook Live Shopping
- Make your Products More Discoverable on Facebook & Instagram
- What Is Facebook Pay, and Should Your Company Use It?
- A Beginner’s Guide to Selling on Facebook Marketplace
- Sell on Facebook Messenger
- Sell Products in Facebook Shops