Influencer marketing is one of the most powerful and effective ways for brands to sell products. However, not every company can afford to hire the industry’s top influencers for a couple of social media posts.
The challenge with influencer marketing for brands lies with the cost. The larger the following, the more an influencer can charge for their endorsements.
Smaller ecommerce shops and businesses may not have the budget to fund an influencer campaign, no matter how effective it could be for their business.
That’s where the
What is a
Aside from celebrities and famous people, anyone who started a social media profile and gained a following over time was once a
For many brands and businesses, working with
Micro-Influencer Marketing for Brands
There are several benefits and perks of working with
Here are the most significant benefits of using
Smaller followings don’t mean less engagement; they mean the opposite. When followers feel connected to the influencers they follow, they’re more likely to engage with their content. This includes liking, commenting, sharing, and
This level of engagement will only benefit your brand if you partner with a
You can certainly hire a more prominent influencer for a campaign, but it’ll cost you a pretty penny. Influencers with large followings (over 100,000 followers) can charge anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000 per post.
- Instagram: $100 to $500 per post
- YouTube: $200 to $1,000 per video
- TikTok: $25 to $125 per video
- Twitter: $20 to $100 per Tweet
- Facebook: $250 to $1,250 per post
As you can see,
How to Find
Utilizing influencers as a part of your marketing strategy is now in reach. Thanks to
Not sure how to find
Here are a few organic ways to find the perfect creators for your brand.
Search relevant Hashtags
Whether you’re on Instagram, Facebook, or TikTok, you can try searching hashtags for research on influencers in your niche. You’ll find content from influencers who promote similar products, and you may easily find a
Browse through your followers
You may have a
If all else fails, enlist the guidance of a
These platforms typically include features like communication and recruitment tools, campaign management, and an influencer search engine.
Micro vs Macro Influencers: Pros & Cons
If you’re considering partnering with influencers for an upcoming campaign, keep reading for a quick comparison between micro and macro influencers. These two types of influencers have a few key differences, benefits, and disadvantages.
- A more affordable option for building traffic, brand awareness, and driving sales
- Engaged, targeted audience built on trust and authenticity
- A smaller audience can mean fewer people who are ready to make a purchase
- If they’re good at what they do, they’ll likely grow quickly and start charging higher rates
- Access to a huge audience of potentially interested buyers and massive reach
- Diverse audience with different demographics and locations
Near-guaranteeof high-qualitycontent thanks to professional teams they work with
- Macro rates may be out of reach for smaller businesses and brands
- Large audiences may feel less connected and less influenced
Gillette created brand awareness with Gen Z social media users by paying beauty influencers to endorse their Venus product line. These influencers included women with follower counts of 1,000 and up. Gillette’s #choosetosmooth campaign was wildly successful, with a thousand tagged posts from influencers and a 2.2% engagement rate.
LaCroix sparkling water enlists the help of small
You can see from these
You may not have the budget of La Croix or Gillette, but you can work with a
Final Thoughts on
Getting started working with influencers can feel daunting, but it’s a highly effective way to get your brand’s name out on social media.
For more tips and recommendations on utilizing influencer marketing for your brand or ecommerce business, explore the Ecwid blog.
- Social Commerce: How to Sell on Social Media
- Social Media Strategy for Small Businesses
- 25 Proven Social Media Contest Ideas to Promote Your Online Business
- 19 Activities That Will Wake Up Your Social Media Followers
- How to Find Your Target Audience on Social Media
- How to Promote Your Brand Outside of Social Media
- Understanding Social Media Platforms Around the World
- Mastering the Art of Social Listening
- What is Influencer Marketing? Strategy, Tools and Examples
- How to Grow Your Ecommerce Business with Influencer Marketing
- What is a
Micro-Influencer?Pros and Cons of Working with Them
- How to Use
Micro-Influencerson Instagram to Boost Ecommerce Sales