Tax Exempt: Improve Tax Settings in Your Ecwid StoreNov 22, 2016 by Matt Kuritsyn,
Calculating taxes correctly is a big deal for every business owner.
That’s why we are continuously improving the tax settings in Ecwid, in order for them to match your major and minor needs. It’s already possible to collect taxes manually by configuring your Ecwid store to calculate tax rates for different regions, zones, and countries, or to enable an automatic mode for tax calculations.
However, some customers don’t have to pay taxes, for example,
Below you can find a
How to mark customers as tax exempt
Before you start with Tax Exempt, check the following settings in your Ecwid account:
Ready to make your tax system even better? The tax exempt process is as easy as these three steps:
- Go to the Control Panel → My Sales → Customers page.
- Find the customer in the list by name or email, and click on the pencil icon to edit the customer’s profile.
- Enable Tax Exempt and don’t forget to save the changes.
Done! Now the selected customers will pay no taxes whatsoever when buying from you. You can always check this status in the Tax Exempt column on the Customers page.
Make it easy for your customers
If you want to apply a tax exemption, remind your
This is necessary for the system to recognize them. As soon as your
Make sure the email address that your
What else is there in Ecwid that simplifies calculating taxes?
In case you are not aware of other cool things that make tax calculations easier, here’s a list of
- Automatically calculate and charge a precise tax rate at checkout depending on the store and customer location. No setup required and works in the U.S., EU, Canada and Australia.
- Keep tax rates and calculation rules up to date with local regulations in the U.S., EU, Canada and Australia.
Learn more: Automatic Tax Calculations in Ecwid
- Generate and automatically file sales tax reports (U.S. only)
- Calculate, collect and report sales tax if the business has presence in several states (i.e. having
multi-statesales tax nexus). Applies to the U.S.
- European merchants can automatically calculate EU VAT rates and apply VAT reverse charge for the
VAT-registeredbuyers: Ecwid will ask VAT ID at checkout and apply zero VAT when necessary.
Learn more: How to set up EU
Stay up to date!
Get free e-commerce tips, news and inspiring ideas delivered directly to your inbox