You might’ve noticed that we regularly announce new tools in the Ecwid Updates section of our blog. However, we know that as a business owner you’re often too busy to check back regularly for updates. That’s why we’re introducing a new, special edition of the blog — a
Check out what you’ve missed, and put our new stuff into action to up your selling game even more.
Edit Dozens of Products at Once in a Spreadsheet
A lifesaver when you need to edit lots of product details fast! This tool is called Bulk Product Editor, and it allows you to display dozens of products that need to be edited at once in a convenient table.
This way you can update lots of products without having to open product details one by one. It’ll save you hours of work if you have a big catalog that needs to be updated!
If you previously updated products in bulk via a CSV file, you’ll especially appreciate this new tool. Now you don’t have to export products to a CSV file, edit them, then import the edited CSV file back to your store.
- set up Compare to prices for products on sale
- update stock for a new batch of products you’ve just received
- update prices of product variations.
Now, the fun part: you can make all those changes at the same time in Bulk Product Editor right in your Control Panel. Editing products in bulk has never been easier!
To see for yourself, select the products you want to edit, click Bulk Update and choose Edit Selected (or click Bulk Update and choose Edit All). You’ll see a spreadsheet with product attributes you can edit. But wait, there’s more! You can display just those attributes that you’re going to update, to make editing even more convenient.
One more pro tip in case you speak keyboard. Yes, you can use your keyboard to navigate and edit product attributes in the spreadsheet!
Bulk Product Editor already has robust settings for editing lots of products at once, but we’ll be bringing you even more in the future! Have ideas on how this tool can make your routine easier? Share em in the comments below!
Apply Same Changes to Hundreds of Products in Two Clicks
If you need to make the same change to different products, you can do that without updating them one by one, or without even opening the Bulk Product Editor.
Say you want to hide all seasonal items, or assign categories to products. Now you can mass update several products in just a couple of clicks! The result: all changes are applied faster, which saves you not only effort, but a bunch of time too.
If you want to manage categories for several products, enable or disable them, add or remove their product ribbons, you can do that very quickly without going to each product’s details. Simply select the products you want to update and click Bulk Update. Then choose the change you want to apply to the selected products.
For example, you can instantly assign a category to several items:
As the name suggests, this tool is perfect when you need to apply the same change to several products. If you want to apply different changes to products, Bulk Product Editor is still your best option.
We’re going to add more options for mass updating products in the future and we’re happy to hear your thoughts on the matter. What do you think you should be able to update in two clicks? Share your fabulous insights in the comments section!
Allow Customers to Pay What They Want for Your Products
At Ecwid, we’re all about options. So, here’s a new one: now you can set up your shop so customers can enter their own price for your product. You can also indicate recommended pricing tiers. Or, set up a minimum price limit for your product, so that it can’t be purchased for any amount below this recommended minimum, while leaving the rest up to them.
The Pay What You Want pricing model is perfect for:
- running a nonprofit (use it to collect donations!)
- selling art, crafts, or digital goods, and allowing customers to contribute a little extra money in appreciation of your work
- running a crowdfunding project — collect donations on your site without commissions and
- running a promotional offer — enable the Pay What You Want pricing for items on sale
- testing prices for your new product — set up different price limits and payment tiers to find out what price your customers are willing to pay for new items.
Want to enable the Pay What You Want pricing model right away? Follow our instructions in Ecwid Help Center.
Sellers from Europe, India, Australia, or New Zealand, take note! You’ll appreciate these settings, as it’s likely you’re used to working with
Now you can switch your whole store to the enter prices with taxes mode, in just one click. After that, you’ll be able to enter
You’ll appreciate the benefits of these new settings. Some reasons why:
- No need to calculate the net price for each product to set up taxes for it. You just enter prices with taxes right away!
- Customers will see prices in a more convenient format, as all prices and fees are displayed with taxes included. That applies to product prices, shipping and handling costs, price modifiers, and discounts.
Generate Legally Compliant Tax Invoices
More great news for sellers from Europe, Australia, India, or New Zealand! Now you can generate legally compliant tax invoices from your Control Panel. Those are documents that you can use to report earnings to tax authorities. Their special formatting and the ability to set up unique tax invoice numbers make preparing reports for tax authorities a piece of cake.
You can generate tax invoices manually, or set it up to generate automatically when orders are placed. Best of all, working with tax invoices in your Ecwid store is super convenient:
- You can download tax invoices as PDF files to prepare reports for the tax authorities
- You can download tax invoices in bulk, say, for a previous quarter
- It’s easy to create negative invoices for cancelled orders and refunds
- Editing invoice content is a breeze thanks to a convenient editor.
Enable tax invoices in your Ecwid store using the instructions from our Help Center.
Dropship from the US or EU with Spocket
If you want to start a dropshipping business in the US or EU, or are looking for new products to add to your store, Spocket is the app for you. It provides a huge range of US and
The app has other cool perks, such as exclusive price discounts on Spocket products and the ability to test out products with sample orders.
Spocket is now available through the Ecwid App Market.
Dropship from Local Suppliers with Syncee
Would you like to start a dropshipping business with fast shipping? But have you been weighed down by the fact that your business is located outside the US or EU? Check out Syncee! They have hundreds of local suppliers all over the world. For example, you can easily dropship from Canada, or Australia.
Apart from reliable suppliers and fast shipping, Syncee offers
Syncee is now available through the Ecwid App Market.
Manage Shipping and Print Labels with EasyShip
With the Easyship app, you can save time and money by managing and automating all your shipping in one tool. Say goodbye to managing shipping manually, and waiting in line at the post office!
The app gives your access 250+ discounted shipping solutions and allows you to display their
Another cool feature is the ability to purchase shipping labels — handy if you ship to the UK, Italy, France, Germany, or Asia.
If you ship internationally, you’ll appreciate full import tax and duty visibility and correct document generation in EasyShip.
Learn more about Easyship, and install it from the Ecwid App Market.
Need labels for domestic deliveries in the US? Check out our
More Ecommerce Tools to Come
That was our
Here’s how to make sure you never miss Ecwid updates:
- Subscribe to the blog newsletter to be the first to know about new features
- Check out the Ecwid Updates section of the blog
- Follow us on Facebook to learn Ecwid news and updates, both big and small.
- 8 New Ecwid Tools You Might’ve Missed
- 10 Easy Ways to Update Your Ecwid Store
- 10 New Ecwid Tools to Up Your Revenue, Shipping, Payment, Reach, and More
- 10 New Ecwid Tools to Upgrade Your Social Selling, Payments, and Store Design
- 9 Ecwid Updates That Make Running an Online Store a Breeze
- 10 Powerful Ecwid Updates to Manage Your Store
- 20 Awesome Ecwid Updates That Will Save You Hours of Work
- 15+ Ecwid Updates for
Time-and Cost-EffectiveStore Management
- Online Store Analytics: Managing Reports and Sales Stats in Ecwid
- Why Booking Online is Important (and How to Add It to Your Ecwid Store)
- 15+ Ecwid Updates That Simplify the Life of a Busy Business Owner
- 10+ Ecwid Updates You Don’t Want to Miss