New Ecwid Module Helps You Open an Online Store on Drupal 7
Great news! Starting an online store through a Drupal website is now easier than ever with the release of Ecwid’s module for Drupal 7. It’s available for all Drupal users on the Drupal site: Ecwid shopping cart module for Drupal.
According to statistics from Web Technology Surveys, Drupal is the third most popular content management platform after WordPress and Joomla. The three combine to support over 75% of all
The brand new Ecwid module for Drupal 7
We already have a module for Drupal 6, which, however isn’t compatible with the Drupal 7 sites. The old module for Drupal 6, as well as Drupal 6 itself, became quite outdated. That’s not a problem, because, as you likely know, you can install Ecwid on any site, including those running Drupal 7, by means of pasting of a few lines of code. However, the official module made the installation even easier and tightens the integration with Drupal.
Our new module for Drupal 7 inherits the functionality from the Drupal 6 module and brings a lot of the new features and improvements, which proved to work great in our WordPress and Joomla plugins. Among the new features for Ecwid on Drupal are:
- Nice and intuitive design for module settings pages. Completely revamped plugin backend make setting up a store a piece of cake.
- The Drupal module supports Google AJAX Crawling technology to help Google find product and category pages in your store.
- More SEO improvements ensure better store indexation in search engines. These include:
Auto-generatedmeta tags (title, description, canonical) on the product and category pages Microdata-formattedproduct descriptions to make products appear as rich snippets in search engine results pages.
How to install Ecwid shopping cart on Drupal 7
Easily set up an Ecwid online store on your Drupal site by:
- Downloading the Ecwid module for Drupal and uploading it on Modules page in your Drupal backend
- Opening Ecwid Store menu in your Drupal admin backend and entering your Ecwid store ID
Done! You can start selling — a new page with your store products will be automatically added to your site.
Also see our Help Center for details on how to set up the new Ecwid extension on you Drupal site and adjust your store’s appearance: Drupal.
Your feedback is welcome
Do you use Drupal? We’d be happy to hear any feedback on the Ecwid module. What do you like or dislike in the new Ecwid module? What would you add to it?
Thanks, and have a great day!